8.

[Just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been following this story so far, and thank you so much for all the votes and kind comments. ಥ‿ಥ♡]

B

I woke up the next morning to a throbbing headache and ached all over. I had overslept my alarm too, and saw that there were three missed calls from Film. I remember feeling fine just before I went to bed yesterday, albeit a little more tired than usual.

The odd weather and overworking can really mess up your health.

"Hello? Boss, you finally answered! Are you okay?" She said once I returned the call.

"Hello, sorry for missing your calls." I said with a raspy voice. "I overslept, sorry about that. Let me get ready and I'll be there soon."

"You sound terrible, boss. I don't think you should come in today."

"I'm alright, just a little tired. I'll come."

"No, just stay home. I can manage things here, trust me. Stay home and rest, you sound really sick."

"But I-"

"No."

"Okay, okay...thanks Film, I'll be counting on you."

After I hung up, I dragged myself out of bed to take my temperature. It seems that I was having a fever, which explains my body aches. I looked around the cabinets for some painkillers, took some, and went straight back to bed.

As I lay in bed almost drifting off to sleep again, my phone made a 'ding' sound. I opened the notification and immediately sat up.

Win had sent me a message through Instagram asking if I was alright, as he hadn't seen me in the café today.

My fingers were practically flying over the keys as I typed my response, assuring him that I was okay.

winmetawin: Are you sure? I heard from your barista here that you were unwell.

bbrightvc: Yes, really. It's just a cold, I'll be fine in no time. Don't worry about me.

winmetawin: Ok...have you eaten anything yet?

bbrightvc: Nope, I haven't. I'll get something to eat later.

winmetawin: How are you going to get food in this state?

bbrightvc: I can manage. I think.

winmetawin: Could you send me your address?

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that reply. A thousand questions were flashing across my brain as I stared at his text.

Was he planning to come visit me?

bbrightvc: What do you need it for? If you were planning on visiting me, please don't. I don't want to spread the cold to you.

winmetawin: I promise I won't, I just wanted to send you something. It will help you to feel better.

I bit my lip as I hesitated - should I or should I not? I was afraid he'd really skip work to come and look for me, but at the same time he did promise he wouldn't. I eventually gave my address to him, and waited restlessly for my doorbell to ring.

I woke up again to the sound of someone knocking at my door. I have no idea when I had dozed off, but it seemed that I had slept for a few hours. I got up, but there was nobody there when I opened the door.

I found a bag of food and a box of tea sachets hanging on the door handle. I took it in, and found a note inside the bag too.

I know you are probably too tired to get food, so I already got you some porridge. The tea will help to soothe your throat too :)

- W

My lips instinctively curled up into a smile after reading the note. I also received a message from Win, and it was a picture of the food hanging outside my door from earlier along with a text.

winmetawin: Just a picture to assure you that the food is really from me. Also I kept my promise, I didn't visit you, I just came to drop off the food.

He really came all this way to bring me food. It was also probably supposed to be his lunch break during this time, and he spent the time to travel all the way here.

I closed the door behind me, smiling like a fool as I stared at the message. I was acting like a little child receiving a text from their crush, and I immediately slapped my forehead. My face became even hotter than before, and it wasn't because of the fever.

I sat down on the chair, thinking of what to reply him. I typed several responses but kept deleting them as I wasn't sure of what to say - I didn't want to sound overly ecstatic, but I didn't want to sound too distant.

bbrightvc: Thank you for the food, but you shouldn't have come all the way here. It's your lunch break isn't it?

winmetawin: You're welcome! And yeah, it's my lunch break. But don't worry, I had something to eat before I came!

bbrightvc: Really? ಠ_ಠ

winmetawin: Yes~ Enjoy the food! I know you probably won't have much of an appetite, so I bought porridge as it will be easier for you to eat. Drink the tea too.

bbrightvc: You're the best.

bbrightvc: I love you♡

I started regretting what I typed when he didn't immediately respond. He told me that he'd say this to his friend all the time so I assumed he'd be fine with me saying it too, but I was afraid I had overstepped boundaries and made him uncomfortable. I quickly tapped on the message to find the unsend option, but then he replied.

winmetawin: You've only just realised I'm the best? Jk~

winmetawin: Love you too!

I felt like there were mini fireworks going off inside my entire body. No doubt I was still fatigued and aching from my cold, but I felt ten times better than I had been all morning.

Where else in the world would you find someone like this who would sacrifice their lunch hour to bring you food?