18.

B

It was supposed to be a good day. I was having fun hanging out with my friends, and we were even making plans to go play football later in the day. My phone rang as we were sitting around chatting, and I saw that my landlord was calling me.

My heart began to sink as he'd never call me unless there was a problem.

"Please move out as soon as possible, the new tenant has already made arrangements to move in soon." He said into the phone. My friends were looking at me quietly with worried expressions on their faces.

"But I-I assure you that I won't have anymore trouble paying the rent. I'll even pay more if you'd like. Please don't do this, please..."

"No can do. It was also stated in the lease that I can terminate it any time without prior notice."

"But I-"

"Nope. Please start making arrangments to move out these couple of months." He hung up right after.

I felt numb all over. I excused myself, and thankfully my friends were understanding. Tears clouded my eyes while I drove home, and I had to constantly wipe them away to see the road.

When I got home, Win immediately noticed that something was wrong and sat me down. I had been trying to hold back my tears as I didn't want to cry in front of him, but when he tried to comfort me I just lost it. He did not say anything and just let me cry in his arms, while I clung onto him tightly.

"Can you tell me what happened?" He asked gently after I had calmed down.

"The landlord wouldn't renew my lease for the café no matter what I proposed. He said that I'll have to clear out within three months."

"Did he say why?"

"He just said that he found a new tenant, and that he doesn't want to renew my lease after this month is up." I said, wiping the tears from my face with a tissue. "I have to find a way to stay, Win. I can't lose this place."

"You could find a new location, no? It may be a little further but-"

"No, I can't."

"Why?"

"I just can't. It won't be the same."

"But don't you think-"

"I SAID NO!" I shouted. "Can't you see that I'm already stressed? Stop making me repeat myself!" I completely lost my mind. My feelings were a mixture of anger, frustration, sadness, helplessness, confusion, and everything in between. I just felt so agitated that I just couldn't think anymore, and just grabbed my keys and busted out the door.

I ran to my car and started driving. I had no destination in mind, and just drove in whichever direction my heart wanted to go.

I eventually arrived at a beach. This was the place Win and I came to for our first official date.

"P'Baiii~"

"Hm?"

Click!

"Gotcha! My first polaroid of you~ I should make a photography account of my own too, called winsawitbeforetoo."

"Why do you want to do that?"

"Because user isawitbefore has so many pictures but doesn't post them, so I might as well post them myself."

"Silly child."

I just laughed at myself, realising how pathetic I was as I trudged along the shore. I was such an idiot for shouting at him like this. Normally I'm able to keep my emotions in check, but today I just couldn't. The thought of losing something so precious to me was just devastating, and I just went insane. I took it out on him, the person whom I swore to never hurt, and the person whom I loved so much.