𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

The morning rose round much quicker than I would of hoped. Opening my eyes to wherever I was, I realised I wasn't anywhere I recognised. The room was... upside down?

I lifted my head, noticing I was hanging backwards from the couch, upside down. I nudged myself to get up, carrying my weight to sit upright. Automatically, I could feel the alcohol rushing back to me, twisting and churning in my stomach and scratching against my throat. Just the thought made me want to vomit.

"Ah, brain - eater, you're awake!" Damon explained in a false excitement and shock as he walked further towards me.

"Unfortunately".

"I thought you'd died for a second but then I remembered you wouldn't leave Earth without completing your obsession with my brother", Damon sarcastically stated, grabbing a glass and filling it to the rim with bourbon.

"It's not an obsession, call it mere interest", I shrugged, leaning back in the couch.

"Sure. Anyway, I see you had your fun last night, you've ransacked at least half my stock of bourbon and smashed 3 of my glasses. I know I told you to help yourself but I feel like you took advantage of my kindness", Damon faux frowned while furrowing his brows, putting a heart of his heart as he sipped his drink.

"Oh no, please don't tell me I've upset Damon Salvatore. Is this the moment I go running for the hills in fear?" I asked, rubbing my head in hopes of getting rid of the headache that followed while looking up to Damon with a face full of sarcasm.

Damon rolled his eyes.

"Besides, you offered me free booze. Did you actually think I'd refuse to knock myself out on it?" I questioned, finally standing up.

"No, I knew you would. You're a zombie, you eat brains for a living. Of course you'd take what you could get", Damon replied.

"And you're a blood - sucking vampire with supposedly 'no humanity'. Of course you'd fall your your brother's girl", I replied, smiling as I did so.

Damon's brows genuinely furrowed now, "what? Did you think I wouldn't notice? You're pretty obvious, Damon", I added.

"I'm not like that with Elena", Damon shook his head, sitting down.

"Really? So what was last night?" I asked.

"I was protecting my brother's girl", he said, almost pain was seen in his eyes, "nothing more.

"If that helps you sleep at night", I shrugged, not pushing it as I grabbed a glass myself, filling it.

"Was last night's supply not enough?" Damon asked, nodding to my glass that I was now sipping.

"Only was to cure a hangover is to get drunk again", I shrugged.

"Who came up with that poor excuse?" Damon questioned, scrunching his face in confusion.

"Me?" I almost asked, shrugging my shoulders as if he was trying to judge, "what?".

--

"So, Damon, how do you plan on getting your brother back to Mystic Falls?" I questioned, drowning myself in water to try wear off the headache that still lingered.

"I don't know, brain - eater, what suggestions do you have to bring home a ripper that can't control his blood intake?" Damon asked almost rhetorically.

"Death?" I asked, obviously not being realistic.

"Not on the table", Damon bluntly replied, rolling his eyes.