chapter 7

"Finally I called you an hour ago!".

That was the first thing I heard as I followed Damon through the door. Elena's voice was rushed and clearly annoyed, little did she realise how much Damon didn't care.

"Make yourself presentable. I know where Stefan's going to be tonight", Damon shoved a bag into her arms as he gave her a small smile, knowing she'd be happy with the news.

While I allowed the two to have their conversation, I sat back on the couch, feeling little relief of being back where I didn't need to constantly worry about Stefan or Elena, or however Klaus was.

"I told you that I was practically discovered by Klaus, and you're worried about what I'm wearing?" Elena asked Damon in disbelief.

"Elena, we're living in the 21st century, fashion is so much more important than a hybrid coming after you", I explained to her, however she stayed fixed in position.

"And, as for the Klaus pat, I had an hour to realise what a bad idea it was to leave you alone", Damon tried to reason, "process it and move on".

"More like you were too busy catching up with your new friend, you forgot you left me at the hands of a hybrid who thinks I'm dead", Elena replied back with slight jealously in her voice that didn't go unnoticed.

"Not my fault you weren't worth remembering, Elena", I swiftly replied back, giving her a half smile as I watched her face visibly drop whilst Damon's eyebrows twitched in amusement.

Elena looked taken aback while Damon simply sighed in annoyance.

"Elena, are you okay, did Klaus kill you?" Damon asked.

"No", she replied, folding her arms as she gave me a side glance.

"There we go, you're still alive, so stop fussing. Lets get a move on, we can be doing better things than having teen drama", he stood to his feet, "get dressed, you're all road-tripy and gross. You too, Jade".

"I'll have you know-", I was swiftly cut off by Elena, who guessed my words weren't important enough.

"You know where he's going to be?" Elena asked.

"With Klaus", Damon replied, "so, I think it's best if me and Jade distract Klaus while you deal with Stefan".

"Why do I have to go with you?" I asked, not wanting to admit out loud that I was eager to see Stefan again.

"Because, two reasons, Jade. Number one, you're a zombie, I'm assuming that'll help not just mine but both our behalf while dealing with someone like Klaus. Number two, Elena will be the only one to get through to Stefan right now", Damon explained, giving Elena a small glance at the end.

"Okay, thank you", Elena told him.

"But listen closely, Elena. You're going to have five minutes tops before that hybrid freak rips mine and Jade's heart out-", Damon begins.

"Yours, I'll be long gone by then", I gave Damon a half joking, also half serious look while he rolled his eyes and looked back to Elena.

"Tell me you'll be able to do this", he pleaded with Elena. She looked up to him and nodded, sure of herself.

"I can do this", she confidently told Damon.
Both me and Damon shared a knowing glance, both thinking the same thing. This better go right.

________________________

.