Chapter 8

"I cannot believe I've been dragged into..." Jade paused for a second, "well, whatever the hell this is".

Damon smirked, looking down at his new friend, "think of it as an adventure, I'm sure your life was very boring before you got to meet me".

Jade scoffed, looking up to the eldest Salvatore brother, "is that what you think? For your information, I think I'd have been much better off without meeting any of you".

"Should be careful of what brains you eat next time then, brain - eater".

Damon was the first to open the door to the bar, allowing Jade to step in first. Their plan was simple. Damon would get Stefan outside, try talk some sense into him. Jade - being the new unfamiliar face - would distract Klaus for as long as possible while Damon theoretically saves Stefan, ergo saves the day.

Once Stefan silently laid eyes on Damon whilst sat with Klaus, he took it as his que to follow Damon when he nodded his head to the door, excusing himself from the conversation he was mid way through. After Damon left, followed by the storming footsteps of his younger brother, Jade took this as her que to make her way to Klaus, who looked settled as he waited for his friends return.

"Stood up?".

He quickly turned, meeting the eyes of ones similar to his. Klaus lightly chuckled without much of a smile, thinking to himself what daft, oblivious human had tried making a conversation with a hybrid.

"Not quite, love, waiting for a friend. Now, what's someone like you doing in a place like this alone?" He questions, his eyes focused directly on her eyes as if he was attempting to compel her.

Jade almost smiled in amusement as she noticed, however forced herself not to by biting down on her lip in an attempt to choke back the chuckle, "a girl like me?" She questioned.

"Well, you are here alone from the looks of it", Klaus replied, his british accent finding amusement in everything he spoke about, something that compelled Jade despite being immune to compulsion supposedly.

"What makes you think I'm alone?" Jade questioned in curiosity, "see that guy over there..." she nodded over to the first guy she could, "he's with me".

Klaus turned to look in the direction Jade had pointed, simply turning back to her with his eyebrows raised, a look of merriment in his eyes. "I'm sure he is, love".

"So, who's the 'friend' you're with then? She ditched you?" Jade asked, despite knowing full well the friend was never a 'she', and she knew exactly who had been keeping him company. 

"Not that kind of friend. Just a catch up with an old friend", he replied, "who's asking?".

Without much proof, Jade could already tell this was a man that held great paranoia, "I was just curious. Are you not going to buy me a drink while you're waiting for your friend, then?".

Klaus turned back to the bar like he was debating the thought before calling over the bartender and ordering a bourbon.

"You seemed like the type to prefer a bourbon", he shrugged as he handed her the drink.

"Not quite, but I know someone who is", she chuckled to herself.

"Are you from around here?" Klaus questioned, his interest in her peaking.

"Chicago? No", she shook her head as she gulped her drink, "New York - but I've moved around quite a bit. I feel like I don't even need to ask you this question, it's a bit obvious. You're British".

"How could you tell?" Klaus sarcastically asked, also drinking his drink that stayed in his hand like Jade's, "You know, I never did catch your name-".

"Hey, Jade", a familiar voice happily sighed next to Jade, forcing her eyes to shut in annoyance and she finished her drink quickly before anything dramatic happened as an arm swung around her.

"Well... isn't this a nice surprise", Klaus chuckled to himself as he shook his head in disapproval, " I see they've opened the doors to the riffraff now".

"Oh, honey, I've been called worse", Damon replied, removing his arm from Jade, who sent him a glare.

"Prick".

"See?"

"You don't give up do you?" Klaus stopped the two from bickering, playing with a decoration in his hand.

"Give me my brother back and you never have to see me again", Damon replied, his eyes raising like he was bidding on an art piece.

"I am torn", Klaus lied, "You see I promised Stefan I wouldn't let you die... but how many freebies did I really sign up for? And you clearly want to die, otherwise you wouldn't be here, so..." Klaus said like he was patronising Damon.

"What can I say? We're thrill seekers", Jade replied.

"Precisely, love. Hope this is enough thrill for you, let me know if not", Klaus kept his gaze on Jade as he began strangling Damon, standing up while taking Damon with him.

It didn't take seconds before Damon was raised from the floor, Jade's mind racing with what felt like a billion thoughts, but one main one. What the hell was she meant to do?

"Oh dear, what was that", Klaus taunted, "I'm a little boozy, so you'll forgive me if I miss your heart the first few times.

Damon winced as the needle Klaus was holding was pushed into his chest, missing his heart. Upon a last resort, Jade grabbed the bourbon bottle and smashed it against the table.

"Oh Klaus", Jade sang, her voice clearly a little concerned as she waved the broken bottle while Damon continued to be stabbed with the needle until Klaus swiftly turned to Jade, "I'm not boozy, just very tired, and don't they say not to preform surgery on no sleep?".

Both Damon, while in pain, and Klaus held confused looks while Jade made a quick pros and cons list in her mind of what she was about to do, but before her cons, the bottle had already been impaled into the back of Klaus who clenched his jaw in anger.

Dropping Damon, she prepared for what was to come as Klaus fixated his angry glare on her. 

"You may be pretty, love, but I will gladly rip your heart out and feed it you", Klaus threatened, to which Jade grimaced.

"Please don't - I've had too much human organs today", Jade replied.

Klaus gave her a look of confusion while caught of guard by Jade's reply before turning back into his angry - self, flashing towards Jade as he remembered what he'd been stabbed with only moments before.

Before Jade could feel any impact from the hybrid, he was pushed against the wall without any contact, making Jade turn into the direction of a witch standing before her. 

"Not in my bar", she warned all three of them, mainly aiming her words to Klaus, "You take it outside".

"You don't have to negotiate your brothers freedom. When I'm done with him, he won't want to go back", Klaus said, talking mainly to Damon before catching a last glance of Jade as the two made their way out.

Jade and Damon kept silent as they left the building, Jade was the first to speak, "we not only failed to bring your brother back with us, but I've just stabbed an original hybrid with a broken bottle who's now going to want me dead".

Jade turned her head to Damon who stared into the distance as they made their way to the car, "believe it or not, brain - eater... it looked like you were the one least likely to be killed by him".

"Actually, if you didn't piss him off so much you wouldn't have gotten so much death glares from him, then you would have noticed the looks he was giving me".

"I was the one pissing him off? Who stabbed him?" Damon questioned.

"And who was getting stabbed?"

The two continued bickering on their walk to the car, unaware of the eyes still watching them...