Chapter 1

I shut my chrome book off as my class zoom meeting had just ended. I had been taking my college course online for the semester, and it helped me hide...my secret.

The time was around seven so I sprang up from my bed and grabbed a microwaved dinner for myself. As I was just about to settle down, there was a sudden knock at my door.

I knew that knock.

"Oh boy. What's up now, Sonic?" I looked at the frazzled hedgehog standing on my doorstep.

"Hey babe~, wanna ditch the ramen and go out to eat with me?" Sonic leaned onto the wall, graciously.

"Jeez, you never stop with that, do you?" I sighed in defeat.

"Nope! Now, c'mon! I want you to meet a few people!" Before I could protest, or get my noodles, Sonic picked me up bridal style and carried me away. Not even caring about the ramens going bad!

What a shame.

We arrived at our local cafe shortly after. It was pretty normal for Sonic and I to spend our time here, but what wasn't was the fact he wanted to introduce me to his friends.

Sonic and I were not a thing. Sure, the hedgehog flirts a lot but that's pretty much it. I'm sure he'd like us to be a couple, but I just don't see it.

Or at least, not yet.

"Hey guys! This is my girlfriend, Y/N!" Sonic slung an arm around my shoulder that I quickly shooed off.

"Pfft, you wish. What are all your names?" I looked around the booth and noticed there was about three of them sitting there.

All males.

Great.

"Silver, Tails, and faker." Sonic snarled on the last part, making the red and black hedgehog growl.

"It's Shadow. Shut your mouth before I rip it off you." He spoke in a frightening deep voice. Immediately making Sonic nervously chuckle.

"Anyways, it's nice to finally meet you Y/N! Sonic spoke a lot about you." Silver winked at the azure hedgehog beside me, earning a glare.

"I'm sure he has." I tugged on his cheeks, making him blush and swat me away, "Did you guys order yet?"

"Nope! We were waiting on you two." The fox replied. Sonic and I nodded and sat down in the booth. Me, being next to Sonic, of course. And Sonic between Silver and I.

"So, how'd you meet Sonic anyway?" Tails asked, intrigued.

"Funny story, actually." I shot Sonic a sly grin.

~Flashback~

"Hey, you! You made me drop my groceries!" I growled at the speed demon who halted.

"Oh, sorry about that! Let me help you—"

"Ugh! It's fine, just go away! I can do it myself!" I picked up the can that dropped onto the cement floor. He sighed looking up at me, which made his jaw drop.

"Oh, hello~"

"What." I hissed.

"Nothing~ But I'm not going to let a pretty girl such as yourself pick these up alone!"

Before I could react, Sonic sped around and picked up all my dropped groceries and placed them in my bag.

"Uh...thanks." I responded, confused.

"No problem...at all. Say, can I get your number?"

"Why would I give you that?" I snarled.