Chapter 5

"Are we seriously riding a motorcycle?" I glanced at Shadow in utter disappointment.

The party had just ended, and I was thankfully able to get Sonic to calm down. Not without having to kiss him plenty of times on the cheek though...

"You truly are pathetic if you're scared of a motorcycle." Shadow sneered, looking me up and down in disgust.

"Hey! It's an understandable fear! Why can't we just get a cab or something?" I asked, trying my best to hide the shivers in my spine.

"I'm not leaving my bike here and I'm not getting a cab." Shadow hissed at the thought. He was more stubborn than I so I knew I just had to suck it up.

Why did I agree to this again?

"Fine. But you owe me."

"Hmph. I do not 'owe' you anything. You should be grateful for my presence." He smirked, hopping onto the bike and gazing at me.

"Whatever. At least tell me you have an extra helmet." I sighed. Reluctantly sitting behind him.

"I don't need a helmet." He rolled his eyes, "However, you do..." Shadow grabbed a helmet from the bar and gave it to me. Ignoring my shock, I put the helmet on and nodded in thanks.

"Onwards, peasant!!" I yelped, making Shadow growl.

"Call me that again and you'll be getting flattened by a semi-truck." Shadow threatened coldly. I gulped and chuckled nervously, nodding my head. Shadow revved the bike and rode off fast. I clung to his waist and held on tight, fearing for my life. Shadow looked in his rear view mirror and smirked.

My misery was amusing to him.

This is going to be a long ride.

--

"So...What are the sleeping arrangements?"

Shadow and I had arrived at my place roughly ten minutes ago. Of course, the hedgehog scolded my rooms and told me how messy I was. But I simply didn't care. Who was he to tell me how to take care of my house?

"Well, sleeping closer might help giving us some clues and spawning in together." Shadow replied, hesitantly. I could tell he didn't like the idea as much as I did. Or more.

"I suppose...so, bed?" I held back a wince.

"...Yes."

I awkwardly arose from the kitchen chair and went into my bedroom. Shadow followed along behind me, obviously unaware of where my bedroom was.

"Right, so should we go to bed at the same time then?" Thankfully, I was in my pajamas. I changed when we got here so I did not have to worry about that. Honestly, I was more worried that Sonic would want to crash here and catch Shadow and I sleeping together.

Oh boy...

"Yes, idiot." Shadow glared. I huffed and tangled myself within my own bedsheets, getting to the edge of the bed and keeping as much space as possible.

Shadow laid down beside me, far away of course. Everything was tolerable and I was about to fall into a peaceful sleep when Shadow started yanking the blankets and greedily hogging them.

"Hey! I'm here too y'know!" I growled, trying to pull the sheets back. We had a little tug war until Shadow started muttering under his ragged breath.

"I. Am. Cold!" Shadow spoke between yanks. I growled in return, not giving in.

"I swear Shadow, if you don't share, I am going to call Sonic myself and—"