Chapter 4

"Do I seriously have to do this?" I sighed, muttering to no one but myself. I had put on a black, skin-right dress for me to wear as Sonic's date. I don't even know why I agreed to that. He owes me.

The doorbell to my house rang and at my doorstep was a eager blue hedgehog dressed in a suit. Pant-less, of course.

"Woah. That's hot, Y/N." Sonic practically drooled over me. I rolled my eyes and shut the door behind me as Sonic led me to his car. He winked at me before opening the backseat door for me. I sighed and gave him a quiet 'thank you' which boosted his ego.

"Yo, are you Sonic's girl?" A green hedgehog sitting beside me smirked. I hissed in disgust while Sonic gave me a cheeky grin.

"He wishes." I spat out, earning a 'offended' gasp from him.

"Sorry about the boys, Y/N. It's nice to finally meet you." A pink hedgehog, similar to Amy smiled as she drove off. Speaking of...

"Hey stupid, is Amy going to this thing?" I turned to Sonic who was in the passenger seat. He sweat dropped and muttered something ineligible.

"I really hope not." Sonic replied, shaken. I once again rolled my eyes at his behavior and looked back at his brother beside me. Not bad.

"Chill, dude. Amy dropped that act when she met Y/N." I nodded in agreement but then I realized another thing.

"Sonic the hedgehog! You haven't even introduced me to your siblings!"

The pink hedgehog frowned at him and the green one just sighed in disappointment. Sonic chuckled nervously before turning around to face me.

"Uh...sorry, sweet cakes! This is my sister, Sonia, and that's my brother, Manic!" I decided to ignore his utterly disgusting nickname and properly introduce myself.

"Nice to know your names and meet you both." I glared at Sonic who smiled sheepishly.

"Same here. Why were you even hiding her dude?" Manic grinned. Sonic growled in jealousy and I could only assume it was to keep me from his brothers flirty comments.

"Jeez, Sonic. I'm not going to fawn over your brother. You didn't have to hide them."

"We'll see about that..." Manic smirked, making me look out the window in annoyance.

"Back off, Manic! She's my date!" Sonic hissed. I desperately regretted getting inside of this car, and Sonia recognized my discomfort.

"Oh my god! Both of you, shut up! We have a ball party to go and you both are not going to ruin it!" Sonia resisted the urge to slam the breaks. Sonic and Manic paused and looked at their sister, fearfully.

"Okay, she's right. Truce?" Manic said.

"...Whatever." Sonic grumbled. I internally thanked her and to my luck, we had arrived at the place.

Of course, Sonic opened the door for me again. He locked his arms with mine and brought me inside. If I knew we were going to have this much contact...I would've stayed home and binged on movies.

The ball room was lit up and lights were streaming everywhere. The tables were decorated with white lining and the dancing area was coated with clean marble floor.

It was beautiful.

"Shall we, prince Sonic." I sneered, earning a hiss of agitation from him.

"I prefer handsome." Sonic retorted. I ignored his comment as he led us over to our friends from the coffee place. Which reminded me of my predicament with Shadow. God, that was going to be awkward.