Chapter 7

"Hey, Shadow. Who's vision do you think we'll be in this time?" I turned to face the hedgehog who was strangely closer than usual to me on the bed.

"I'm not sure. We'll know when we see."

I nodded my head and turned back to face the roof above me, deep in thought. Is there more people like us? How come Shadow and I have these dreams anyway? What do these people want from us?

And most importantly, I really hope Sonic stays at his own house tonight.

"Go to sleep." Shadow groaned. I shot him a glare that went unnoticed and finally shut my eyes, diving into a deep sleep.

~

"This is mine."

Shadow and I teleported to a (f/c) room bordered with black lining. The floor was a deep grey and the only thing occupying the squared room was the two of us.

Well, up until now.

"Blaze?!" Shadow shouted. I looked at him in confusion but immediately noticed the purple cat standing before us.

"It's been a while, Shadow." She smirked. Shadow remained appalled and I looked at her curiously. "Hello, Y/N. I suppose you're wondering who I am and why I am here?"

I nodded my head hesitantly and looked at Shadow. He gave me a slight nod in approval trying to show the cat was up to nothing bad.

"Yes..."

"I'm here to warn you. Mephiles has seemed to take a hobby into retrieving your soul. Mephiles is a enemy of mine who made me sacrifice myself for the future of the world. I was sent here to help you with keeping him away."

Shadow looked extremely disturbed at this information. I really didn't know what to think of it but I couldn't help but wonder why he wanted my soul so badly. And I also felt pity for the dead hero before me. It just made me feel sicker towards the demon who likes to visit me every night.

"But why does he want my soul?"

"Because he likes preying on vulnerable girls." Shadow snarled, seeming more frustrated with this information than at me.

"And be careful with him, Y/N. He's very manipulative and he will do anything to get his away, including seduction." Blaze frowned. I bit back a blush at her statement and nodded my head.

"Tsch, don't get flattered by him either. He'll play the nice guy to get what he wants." Shadow faced me, glaring.

"Okay, okay! I got it." I waved my hands defensively at the serious two.

"We're serious, Y/N. Shadow and I won't always be able to help you and Mephiles is incredibly deceiving. He may target people based on their good looks but don't take it as a compliment. He just wants to inhibit your body."

Now, I was trying not to blush at what Blaze said. A demon finds me attractive? She finds me attractive? I'm getting extremely overwhelmed...

"I understand. I won't let him get to me." Blaze sighed and slowly smiled at me. Then, she turned to look at Shadow who raised a brow in curiosity at her.

"Shadow, how is Silver?"

Huh, she knew Silver.

"He's well, Blaze."

"Good, good...I must be going now. Best of luck to you, Shadow and Y/N." Blaze started to float, "And Shadow...don't let her get to you either."