ENTRY 3

A thing Korvin noticed was that there were no forms of imagery in their home, no matter the kind. There were no newspapers to see pictures on, there were no books with images (all the books at home were filled with words only and the cover was blank with the title), no television, and there was definitely not a single portrait or picture to be seen.

It was something odd, and Korvin looked forward to seeing it, but it is unfortunate that the answer had come to him much earlier than he anticipated.

On one fine evening, just six days after his third birthday, a newspaper came knocking at their door. And no, he didn't mean that figuratively but rather literally. There was a knock on the door and with his mother sleeping, Korvin decided to open it himself. The door was pushed open with great effort only for Korvin to briefly wonder if he was hallucinating.

Because there was a literal newspaper knocking on their door, right as he had opened the door, the newspaper floated very happily right in front of him before dropping down on the porch. Korvin stared for a second, he turned to the side to see his neighbours also have a newspaper of their own at the doorstep. However, unlike him, they didn't seem too surprised. Well, until they read the news, that is.

Korvin picked up the newspaper and realised what was going on. Large, bolded words were printed across the entire page as if it was an announcement for the entire world. Korvin picked it up and then, his lips curved up into an amused smile. Right across the papers, the headlines told him more things than he knew in the last three years.

HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED DEFEATED!

The first line showed those words boldly, and then it faded away only to be replaced by another set of words. Both are equally bold, both equally enthusiastic, and both convey a sense of relief by the writer that everyone could feel as well.

HARRY POTTER, THE BOY WHO LIVED!

"Well now," Korvin hummed to himself. "Reincarnation into a fictional world."

Now that this was a thing, Korvin had an answer for the lack of images in their home. His mother was likely more bitter than she showed herself to be because an easy deduction right now was that his mother... well, she was a squib. And so was the rest of the town. You could even call it a sanctuary for squibs but Korvin was sure that it was to turn them into outcasts. A place where the noblest families can hide away the ones they call their family shame.

This means Korvin's maternal was without a doubt, the Most Ancient and Noble House of Black.

How exciting.