ENTRY 9

When Korvin Black stepped through the ancestral doors of House Black, the family magic came prowling and pounced at him like a purring kitten, wrapping itself around his core like a blanket. The frighteningly large amount of magic that poured into him was enough to make Korvin stagger out of the Floo only to straighten up by pressing down on the foreign magic that clung to him.

It is clear to him that the family magic adored him, which Korvin found hilariously ironic, considering his blood was possibly the dirtiest you can be while still bearing the Black name. Son of not just a squib but also a muggle? Outrageous, truly scandalous, absolutely hilarious too because his great-grandfather Arcturus Black looked at Korvin as if he just swallowed a rather nasty mouthful of spoilt milk.

His mother, bless her soul, couldn't feel the magic at all as she ducked her head and greeted, "Hello, Grandfather Arcturus."

Arcturus clearly disregarded her entire existence, focusing his gaze solely on Korvin who met his eyes evenly, keeping his expression neutral with practised ease. Finally, the old man who looked as if he was already supposed to be serving as a fertiliser for Mother Earth, eased up and relaxed. "Korvin Black, I assume?"

"Did you know that assuming is not a really good thing to do, sir?" Korvin questioned, eyes sparkling in delight when he saw the flicker of annoyance go through Arcturus' eyes. He decided to push it even further, grating on the old man's nerves even more. "It's a muggle saying, they say if you assume things, it makes an ass out of you and me-"

"Korvin!" His mother shushed him.

"Muggle saying, what in Merlin's name are you teaching your son, Ascella?!" Arcturus blew up, as predicted. Korvin loved riling people up but what makes it even better is when they actually rise to the bait and blow up, like a disturbed beehive. "Not only did you elope with a muggle, of all things, you even got yourself knocked up without getting married! And now you're trying to corrupt your son in the ways of muggles?"

"My, my, sir," Korvin pushed his mother's very much larger frame behind him. "Aren't you overreacting a little too much? And here I heard that Slytherins are noble, intelligent, and articulate. Seeing how this is an example of a Slytherin, I am beginning to doubt that. Don't you remember, sir, I'm half-blood."

Arcturus looked as if he was about to have a heart attack by now, what fun.

"You, boy-"

"The name is Korvin, sir," he dutifully supplied his name, a smile dancing on his lips.

"Korvin Black, yes, a name that went against the tradition of our family!" Arcturus blew up again.

Korvin laughed, it wasn't a nice laugh. It was cold, high, and filled with malicious and venom. "Going against the tradition of our family, you say? The same family which expelled my mother for something that she wasn't the fault of? Yes, I can see why she absolutely should've followed the tradition of the very family which had disowned her when she was eleven and sent her into the pariah town where most squibs live in."

His mother stared at him, wide-eyed and then she turned to Arcturus who looked terrified before making a decision. She stepped closer to her son and placed a hand on his shoulders, no matter what, she was definitely going to stand on her son's side.

Korvin reached out, digging his hands into the very core of the House Wards and dragging it. He pulled and chained the core to him before bringing it out, right there floating in the centre of his right palm, a dark obsucurus-like object stayed floating.

"The core of the house wards, isn't it?" Korvin smiled darkly. "I wonder, if I shatter this, how many people would be affected?"