ENTRY 5

Right after that astonishing confirmation that Korvin was, in fact, magical, his mother woke up. Her awakening was accompanied by the most startling scream of shock and then she came tumbling out of her room, hair as untidy as a mop with her eyes filled with panic. Korvin watched the way she looked at him in disbelief then she slid down to the floor, boneless.

"Good morning, mummy," Korvin greeted.

His mother swallowed then, hesitantly, she called out, "Kor-Korvin?"

Well, odd. Korvin nodded obediently, then he stepped closer to her and peered up at her much larger form before looking at the newspaper she was clutching tightly in her hand. He smiled and plucked the newspaper out of his mother's tight grasp.

"Mummy, when were you going to tell me about Magic?" Korvin asked.

His mother flinched then she glanced at the obvious moving image on the newspaper along with the shifting words before turning to look at her son. His mother licked her lips and the words came tumbling out of her mouth, "Korvin, you know about magic?"

"Why, of course." Korvin was mildly offended now. His mother couldn't possibility still be thinking of him as an ordinary child, could she? With such blatant evidence practically thrown and shoved right into his face, it was impossible for him to not come to such a conclusion. Clearly, this was an attempt for her to steer the topic away and procrastinate the truth. Korvin wouldn't let her do it.

"I'm not stupid, mummy," Korvin says. "It's easy to guess that magic exists, mummy doesn't have magic, does she?"

His mother flinched. Then, "No, I don't."

"I do," Korvin grinned. "So, don't worry, mummy. I'll protect us, I'm strong."

His mother stared and then she hugged him, almost absent-mindedly. "Yes, Korvin will protect us. My little raven, always so strong."

So easy to play, so easy to convince.

Korvin allowed his mother to hug him and then, he raised his hands as the last appearance of his glowing fingertips began to fade away. It seems that he has an incredibly strong aptitude for wandless magic, that compulsion charm had been almost comedic on how easy he had cast it on his mother.

And his mother sinks into a quiet bubble of warmth, she hugs Korvin tightly and tears began to fall. Korvin soothed his crying mother, with a bit of compulsion magic and she confided him in her deepest, darkest thoughts that she would usually never tell her son less he took on her burden. But with his persuasion and a bit of help, her secrets came tumbling out.

How utterly useful, magic, that was.