ENTRY 10

The family magic continued to rub against Korvin, completely worried-free over the fact that Korvin had it in a physical grip and had just threatened to destroy it. The same can't be said to both Arcturus and his mother, who both had paled an alarming shade and were staring at him in shock. Korvin clenched his fist around the orb and watched as it sank back into the warmth of his magical core.

"It's mine." A smile plastered itself on Korvin's lips.  "Traditionally, it should've gone to you, but it's mine. So what was it you wanted to say about tradition again?"

"What does it say about this family when the magic that was handed down for generations values the child of the one you have cast aside," Korvin had a demented smile on his face. "It proves that Toujours Pur is wrong. Tradition should either be improved upon or discarded."

And just like that, the family magic was forcibly removed from his core and discarded, dropping through his hands and entering the house wards once more. But the magic still danced around his form, not entering but not leaving his side.

Arcturus Black looked furious but right now, everything Korvin said was right and true for the Family Magic hadn't chosen the Head's side despite decades of sitting in that position but rather ended up favouring the spawn between a squib and a muggle.

One without the traditional Black Naming.

"What do you want?" Arcturus finally asked, his words testier than before but no longer as hostile. Perhaps he had decided that no matter how young Korvin had looked, there was a ruthlessness inside him that he shouldn't touch.

A reckless attitude that reminded him of those Gryffindor dunderheads.

"Easy," Korvin held his mother's hand. "Freedom and authority. You don't meddle in my business, leave my mother alone as well, and I'll make sure to save the broken House of Black. You want our House to rise up again, don't you?"

Arcturus scoffed, incredulous. "You? You're a child."

"A child who can shatter the core of the family magic in seconds."

"Fine, show me then."

"Come on, mummy, let's head to our designated room for the night," Korvin pulled his dumbfounded mother along, heading up to where her old room was at. The Family Magic was guiding him quietly, ensuring his every step was clean and none of the curses would even go near him.

"Korvin, are you really alright?" His mother asked, holding onto his shoulders.

Her eyes were void of any fear, Korvin realised. A please thrum echoed inside his heart, she didn't have any fear whether it was for him or of him, there was only concern and love. This was what a mother should be like, love her child no matter how odd they may be. 

"Of course," Korvin smiled, his heart softening by a smidge. "Everything is alright and will forever be. Don't worry, mummy, you'll live a long and happy life."