One

A/N- if you haven't read HATRED (Gally x Reader Fanfic) go read that before you read this book, since this is a sequel xo

My body jolts to the sound of a familiar metal clanging. I gasp suddenly, clasping the cage around me. My eyes clench shut and my heart pounds out of my chest.

"No, no. NOT AGAIN!" I squawk, hiding in the corner, holding my knees, remembering everything that happened beforehand.

Why am I here again?! I was shot!

"Fuck!" I yell as the cage doors open once again. A tall figure jumps into the rattle of the cage, holding out their hand.

"Hello greenie." A blonde boy smiles at me, helping me onto my feet.

"Newt?" I question him, balancing onto my feet and peering my head around at everyone in concern.

All the boys faces are confused at my knowledge of Newts name.

"How'd you know my name?" Newt questions me as I hop out of the cage onto the green terrain.

My eyes dart, searching around at my surroundings.

"I'm not supposed to be here.." I whisper under my breath, trembling my hands.

"What are you talking about?" Alby queries me.

I swift my head around towards the boys, scanning their movements.

"W-What? How are you alive?!" I yell at Alby, running my hands through my hair.

Voices crowd my head, gibberish escapes my mouth. I sweat with anxiousness. My hands shake uncontrollably.
My vision becomes blurry and my knees shake.

"What's wrong with her?" A tall man with crossed arms resents, standing far from me.

"Gally?" I mutter, feeling my heart flutter with joy.

"Excuse me?" Gally moves towards me, but Minho stops him in his path.

"How do you know our names?!" Minho expresses, holding Gally back from attacking me.

"I don't know." I stutter, bitting my nails from the anxiety and shock I've engulfed.

Everyone stares at me in silence, trying to attempt to figure out if I'm "dangerous".

"I was shot." I expel, throwing my hands to my sides with furrowed brows.

"So you remember events before here?" Newt asks me, with his arms crossed to his chest.

"Yes, but it was here." I stomp my feet in the grass. The boys all stare at me with narrowed eyes.

"Stop playing." Alby folds his arms.

"Oh my god. You've always been stubborn Alby! I'm not playing." I assert, spinning myself around in frustration.

"Alright. So if you know who ALL of us are. Who is everyone else?!" Gally plays me, jerking his sharp eyebrows at me.

I agree to this.

"Gally. Alby. Newt. Minho. Fry. Winston. Ben. Jeff. Clint. Chuck?" I point at everyone, laying my eyes on Chuck, who's standing beside Fry.

I throw my hands over my mouth, feeling a sly tear slide down my cheek.

"What-?" Chuck exhales as I pull him into a deep hug.

"I missed you." I gasp, pulling away from the hug.

Gally grabs me by my arm, throwing me to the ground. I groan, having his feet putting pressure against my chest.

"Don't touch anyone shank." Gally grits through his teeth, applying more pressure.

"Love you too Gally." I laugh, hitting his leg off of me and swinging him onto his stomach.

I throw both of his hands on his back, sitting just above his ass, so he doesn't hesitate to move.

"LOVE?!" Gally gags, struggling from the laughs from the gladers around.

"That's ENOUGH!" Alby grunts, holding my shoulder tightly.

I push him off of me and help myself to my feet.

Gally gets up with a huff and a neck crack. I chuckle to myself, noticing all boys staring me down.

"I don't get it. I'm just not supposed to be here." I close my eyes, thinking back to when I was bleeding out.

"That's what we said the first time we got here." Minho calms me down, standing beside me.

I smile at my best friend.

"I've missed you." I blurt out, holding my arm in shame.

Minho sighs, confused and a frown plying on his face.

"Meeting everyone, NOW!" Alby yells to the other gladers around, pointing his finger to the meeting hut.

"Want me to show you around?" Minho smiles at me, holding out his hand.

"I already know everywhere." I giggle, jogging off to to a treehouse that Teresa threw rocks off of.

I climb the wooden ladder. Jesus, I never realized how high it was.

I pant aggressively at the top. I fall onto my back dramatically sighing as I crawl to the edge, looking off into the maze.

I sigh with my head in my hands.

Thoughts enter and exit my mind.

I'm not supposed to be here. Did I die? I was shot, right?! Was it all a dream?? Why can't anyone recognize me?

My mind was interrupted with the patter of small feet climbing the ladder.

"Hey greenie." Chuck asserts behind me, crawling to my back.

"Hey Chuck. What's up?" I giggle, staring at his curly, fluffy hair.

I've missed him so much.

Chuck hangs his legs off of the platform and I repeat.

"My names y/n." I laugh as he breaks a piece of his cookie.

"Nice name." Chuck smiles, stuffing his face full of his half of the cookie.

My eyes tear up, as all I could think about was Chuck's dead body and how I didn't get to say goodbye to him.

"What's wrong?" He worries me, leering his eyes to mine.

"Nothing.." I giggle, holding my tears through with a smile.