Four

"At least let me show you how fast I can run." I expresses, crossing my arms at Gally.

Gally turns his head towards me. "No."

"Well, that's not fair, is it? Minho. Race me." I demand Minho, who's throwing wood.

"Deal." He laughs hysterically.

Me and Minho march up to the same line then before. I crouch down low, hearing his heart pound beside me.

I laugh, knowing that I'll win.

"Ready?" Newt taps my shoulder, certain that I'll win.

"If you win, you can be a runner." Gally asserts, sitting down on his log and leaning back.

I nod, closing my eyes.

3..
2..
1..
GO

My legs work deeply, rapidly racing my way across the glade, with my chest out and hands by the side of my chest. I inhale and exhale, keeping my stamina at a decent amount. Feeling Minho's breath on my neck, I grit through my teeth, quickening my speed. The air brushes through my hair, pushing it back, so I can see clearly.

"What the hell?" Gally expels as I beat Minho across the finish line by a lot.

"Jesus Christ, greenie." Minho chuckles, shaking my hand in defeat.

"I'm just too good." I laugh, jogging off towards the group.

Newt high-fives me praising my winning.

"Your not going to be a runner." Gally mutters, standing his ground behind me.

"We made a deal, eyebrows." I add, wiping sweat off my forehead, being handed a glass of water by Chuck.

"Well I didn't actually think that you'd win." He grunts through his cheeks, furrowing his brows.

"Because I'm a girl?" I gasp dramatically, and so does many boys around me.

"No." He whispers, clenching his fists in fury.

"I'm kidding. But, I'm still going to be a runner." I giggle to myself, feeling Gally's eyes trace my body as I take another sip of my water.

"Y/n?" Newt taps my shoulder. I yaw my head towards his, seeing his smile weap to a frown.

"I don't think you should be a runner." My face has never been more disappointed.

"THANK YOU." Gally sarcastically averts his attention to Newt.

"Why not?!" I use my hands as gestures towards my anger.

"You remember what happened last time you went into the maze? You almost died!" Newt half-yells, seeing how frustrated I appear.

"Wait what?" One of the boys around us asks.

"I remember, don't worry Newt. I just believe that I know better and I KNOW how to beat the grievers now! I'M READY!" I nod my head under and down, furrowing my brows in rage.

"Wait- you've seen a griever?!" Gally exasperates, folding his arms together.

All boys stare at me in shock and desperation to learn more.

I groan dramatically, violently clawing my head in inflames.

"I can't!" I mutter loudly, pacing around the floor.

"STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS, I'M SO SICK OF IT!" I scream, infuriated.

Everyone stares at me blankly, seeing how terrified I'm portrayed of being.

"You cannot go in there again, y/n!" Newt towers over me, grabbing my arm in pure terror for my life.

"I'm not going to get hurt!" I yank my arm away, tugging it behind my back.

I swiftly bend down, grabbing the hoe off of the floor and holding it under my arms.

"Y/n." Newt paces towards me, who's walking backwards hastily.

"What's she doing?!" Alby yells at Newt.

My feet work towards the entrance of the maze, crossing the border.

"Y/n, NO!" Chuck's voice cracks, seeing me risk my life.

"I'LL BE BACK, I PROMISE!" I chuckle at full speed.

Newt sighs bitterly, holding his knees, panting.

"Why didn't you stop her?!" Gally murmurs shrilly behind him.

"She'll be fine. I'm just worried about her risking two nights." Newt exaggerates his words, wiping sweat off of his forehead.

*
I pace through the maze, marking my blood against the walls. My eyes flutter, seeing one of the metal grievers grip one of the stone walls.

Gasping, I hide behind another wall, keeping my breath steady.

As the griever passes by me, it looks about, avoiding contact with me.

I creep behind it, running off behind green vines, hearing it's shrill cries for the other grievers.

*
"Is she ok?!" Chuck yells for Newt as all hear the piercings of the grievers.

"She's alright." Newt chuckles, biting into his food.

"Your a jerk for letting her in." Gally throws wood onto the future fire.

"Why do you care so much?" Newt challenges him, dropping his cutlery.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Gally murmurs, laughing his head off. He shifts his posture to Newt, towering over him.

Newt stands his ground, standing up in front of him.

"Guys!" Alby squeaks from a distance.

All boys surround them with queried, hungry eyes.

Everyone chants fight, like school kids.

"Can you guys shut the fuck up?" I proudly ask, jogging into the glade with a machine in my hand.

"Y/n!" Chuck emphasizes, hugging my waist.

"Hey Chuck." I smile, returning the hug.

"How the hell are you alive?!" Minho discloses vulgarly, narrowing his brows.

Boys crowd around me.

"Personal space?" I chatter, pushing past their tall asses.