chapter 19

3rd person pov.

Time went by fast, and Momoko avoided seeing the Sohma's as much as possible. During her time away, she's been working as a service dog trainer, and helping at the hospital. She had stopped her therapy because she believed she was all better, but she promised once she or anyone else told her she needs to go back, she would. She figured that she shouldn't become a cop, she didn't want flashbacks from her time in the military, that would mean she'd still need therapy.

The pay was good enough to keep her house and all the other things she needed, however she sold her car, it was getting too old and expensive to keep repairing it. On her free time she'd play with Demon. Every now and again she'd call or meet up with Tohru to make sure everything is still alright. And everytime she did, Tohru would try to get her to meet with Ayame, Hatori and worst of all, Shigure. Ayame has shown up at her door sometimes and he'd drag poor Hatori with him. They both wanted to get her and the idiot to stop avoiding things. They were making it uncomfortable for everyone.

Momoko was busy throwing a stick for Demon to catch in the park when she heard someone calling out to her. She looked over and saw it was Tohru, her two best friends, an over energetic Momiji, a bord looking Haru and the two arguing rat and cat. "Aunt Momoko! We've been looking everywhere for you, since you weren't home!" Tohru explained as she gave her aunt a huge baer hug. "Yeah sorry. Demon wanted to play." Momoko said as said dog came running up to them, happily wagging his tail with the stick in his mouth.

"Mind telling me why there's so many of you looking for me? Your not setting me up or something are you?" Momoko eyed all the teenagers around her. "Well you see, we have a festival coming up and our class is doing a play! And we'd really appreciate it if you'd be there." Yuki explained forgetting his argument with the orange haired boy beside him, or ignoring him would be more accurate.

"I don't know kiddo." Momoko said looking down at Demon, who was enjoying the attention he was getting from Momiji. "Please, everyones families are invited and I..." Tohru stopped herself, a pained expression on her face. "I just..want at least one family member there." Tohru explained just above a whisper. "Isn't your grandfather and his family coming?" Momoko asked, raising an eyebrow. Tohru just shook her head. Momoko kept a straight face, but in truth she had something important to tell her, but she didn't know how and after the play seemed like a good time.

"*sigh* Alright, fine. Just text me the time and date, I'll be there." Momoko finally gave in. Tohru let out a squeal of excitement, about to wrap her arms around her aunt yet again. "On one condition." Momoko stopped her with a raised hand. "No forcing me to talk to anyone, and once the play is over I'm allowed to leave. Got it." Momoko said sternly. Tohru giggled, "Yes ma'am!" she said as she saluted Momoko, who rolled her eyes in amusement.

Time skip.

It was the day of the play and Momoko felt uneasy about going. She knew very well that some of the Sohma's would be there, and she was in no mood to see them. None the less she still went because she knew Tohru would be really up set if she doesn't. "Just hope things don't go wrong." Momoko muttered to herself as she walked through the hall and eyed all the things that were on display. She figured since they were selling food here she'd get some after the play. Noodles. Burgers. Curry. So many options. Oh well, I'll worry about it later. She thought as she hurried to find herself a seat.

"Mizz Momoko! Over here!" Momoko looked over and saw Momiji waving at her. She noticed they had some spair seat by them and figured it would be fine to sit with them. "Hey there kiddos. Mind if I sit with you?" "Not at all!" Kisa answer softly. Momoko took the seat left to Hiro, on his right were Kisa then Momiji then Haru. "I'm surprised to see you here. I mean when you left in a hurry at the vacation house, I figured you were made at one of us or something." Hiro said, confused.

"Huh? Oh that! Um, let's just say I wasn't in the mood for drama and such, so I figured it be best to leave." Momoko lied, looking away. Time went by and the lights finally dimmed. The play was about to start. During the whole play, Momoko was at a loss for words. She couldn't believe what she was watching.

She had to hold back a laugh when she saw Yuki in an outfit that almost looked like a dress. She almost burst out when she saw Kyo and what he had to do. She felt somewhat sorry for the guy. When Hanajima came out in her ballgown she wasn't really surprised to see that it was completely black. It's almost like she on her way to a funeral. Momoko thought as she sweatdropped. And when Uo had her little out burst, Momoko felt kinda bad. But it was the ending that had her more confused.

The conversation that 'Cinderella' and 'prince charming' had felt like it was more personal and not part of the play. Her theory was confirmed when Tohru also broke out of character. She could see the hurt in their eyes, both Tohru's and Kyo's. She wanted to run up to the two of them and give them a big hug to comfort them. But she stayed seated. When it was over Momoko waited with Kisa and the others for Tohru.

"Hey Tohru! You did great!" Momoko said as she placed her hand on the young girls head when she came up to them. She blushed in embarrassment. Momiji explained that he had the whole thing recorded. "Hey you mind if I get one too?" Momoko asked out of the blue. "Really?" Momiji looked taken aback as looked at her amazed. "Really. I just loved seeing Kyo play a prince. Or Yuki looking like a grandmother." Momoko said with a cheeky grin. "Hehe, alright zhen! I'll give it to you onze I'm finished!" Momiji smiled.

Haru and Momiji had to help their class prepare so they left the two younger kids in the aunt and her nieces hands. After some time Momoko and Tohru went to get some food while Kisa and Hiro waited. Kyo soon joined them, Momoko quickly finished her meal.

" 'Kay kiddos, I'm off!" Momoko said as she stretched her arms. "Alright?" Tohru said in disbelief. "Yip! Sorry but I can't leave Demon, otherwise he turns into an actual demon towards by garden. I'm sick of refilling holes he keeps digging." Momoko annoyed as she waved lazily as she went on her way. "Okay, take care!" Kisa waved with a smile.

Momoko's pov.

Aww, now that was some good currybuns. I'm stuffed! Now to get out of here before any other Sohma's decide to show up. I groaned at the thought. I quickly hurried to the gates and noticed how all the people were enjoying the festival. It made me glad to see so many people laughing and smiling. I then noticed a little girl running past me after a ball that was rolling away and onto the street.

The girl continued to follow it, not noticing the car that was speeding towards her. On instinct I rushed over to her. "HEY LOOK OUT!!" I yelled as I pushed her to the other side, out of the way. However I wasn't able to get out of the way myself, so instead I was hit by the truck. As I flew over the path, I noticed that the little girl had a horrified look on her face and the truck just went around me and kept on going.

Thank goodness, she's safe. Damn truck. Just gonna drive away without checking if I'm alive. So this is what it feels like to be a victim in a hit and run. I can't move. I thought as I noticed that people were running towards me with worry. "Did you see that?" "Call an ambulance!" "Did anyone see the trucks license plate?" "Hang on miss! Help is on the way!" I heard people say at the same time. There was a ringing in my ear, and my vision began to blur. N-no. NO!! I can't die! Not yet! "Tohru.." I managed to say.

Just as I started to close my eyes, "AUNTY MOMOKO!!" I heard someone yell as they rushed over. "Hang on! Your gonna be okay! You gotta be okay." Tohru said as she kneeled down next to me. "I'm sorry.. kiddo." I said just as everything went pitch black.

T. B. C.