Lunch

I rushed out of class, jesus I was starving. I went to the cafeteria looking at all the food options. I ended up grabbing a sandwich from my bag that I bought from a random convenience store the other day. I sat at a random empty table waiting for my best friend Maya. I looked around as people came into the cafeteria and went to their respective cliques. Maya sat across from me.
"Hey how have classes been?" She asked as she ate some leftovers.
"Fine." I said rolling my eyes.
She laughed.
"That bad huh?" Maya asked as she looked around.
"Ugh math just sucks cock. English was fine though, then after I had a free period." I said with a shrug.
Maya was looking at someone behind me.
"Uhuh." She said absent-mindedly.
"And I totally fucking ripped the teachers eyes out and worshiped Satan in my free period." I said to see if she was actually listening.
"Right, right." She said nodding.
"I also totally have a crush." I said.
"Oh wow so cool dude." She said smiling. I finally looked behind me to see who she was looking at. I saw a girl with long black hair and blue eyes. Trying to get a soda out the vending machine. She was wearing a white button up with a Grey plaid skirt that she probably bought at Factory. I rolled my eyes looking back at my food.
"Fucking Ally." I muttered under my breath, which seemed to catch Maya's attention.
"Don't be mean." She said with pleading eyes.
"It's not mean if it's true, she's a total bitch." I said taking a sip from my water bottle.
"Listen we were super young." Maya tilted her head to the side trying to get me to change my mind.
"2 years ago is not that long ago Maya!" I raised my voice. Maya rolled her eyes.
"Whatever you don't have to like her, just be nice please." She said taking another bite of pasta. I groaned as Ally sat down next to Maya. You see Maya totally has a thing for Ally she has since well however fucking long she's been friends with her. I don't like Ally though because she felt threatened by me. Maya and I hang out all the time cause we're best friends and she's pretty good company, but apparently Ally can't see that she just thinks 'hmmm Alice is fucking hot and she's really close to Maya well that must mean that they're fucking.' Even though I've never felt that way about Maya and she's never felt that way about me, cause we are not each others type at all. Anyway Maya and Ally aren't even dating because they're both too fucking pussy to tell each other how they feel.
"Hey." Ally sat down and gave Maya a small side hug, she looked me up and down and then smiled slightly. I gave her a quick fake smile which no-one at the table believed before Maya and Ally began talking about their days so far.
I was begging for a reason to do something, anything else.

*******

I sat down at the table with Kevin and Emily. I rolled my eyes, they were probably gonna try convince me to let her in the band again, which was obviously not going to happen.
"Hey." Kevin said.
"Hey." I nodded to him and Emily, Kevin went back to talking about whatever he was saying to Emily, and Emily gave me a small smile before focusing on what Kevin was saying. I looked around the cafeteria, looking for ~her~ I scanned the tables, all the people talking and doing dumb shit when my eyes finally landed on a table on the other side of the cafeteria. A girl with long braids and a colorful outfit on, a girl with straight black hair and a basic-preppy outfit on, and her. They were all sitting together though she looked like she wanted to stab herself in the mouth rather than sit there any longer. Suddenly she looked up and made eye contact with me, who had been staring at her for a couple minutes now.

*******

I looked up to find the boy from my math class staring at me. I smiled. The perfect opportunity to leave. I got up without a word, leaving Maya and Ally confused. As I started walking towards him, he turned around to face his friends looking embarrassed. As I got closer I saw the dude who has a locker next to mine -what was his name again- Kevin! And a girl I didn't know sitting next to him,she looked up at me. I sat down next to the guy from my math class.
"Hey." I said simply as they all looked at me confused.
"H...ey." The long haired boy said awkwardly as he looked side long at me.
"Hey Alice." Kevin said with some more enthusiasm.
"Alice?" The girl sitting next to Kevin said uncertainly.
"Oh right you guys don't know, I have a locker next to her. This is Emily my girlfriend and uh this is..." Kevin said, Emily smiled when he called her his girlfriend, but he trailed off when he looked to the boy in front of him who was looking at me intensely.
" I wanted to talk to you in class but you skipped out really early.."He said looking down slightly and up back to my eyes.
" Yeah I was really hungry. "I said with a laugh.
" Yeah... "He said simply.
" Goblin cock is really great you have really good taste in music."He said. I laughed slightly at his choice of words.
" Yeah thanks, so do you. "I said as I pointed down to his Anthrax shirt. He nodded with a laugh. He looked over to Kevin and Emily who were staring at us with bewildered expressions on their faces.
" So uh you guys know each other? "Kevin said pointing to the two of us.
" Not really we're just in the same math class. " He said as he took a bite of his sandwich.
" Yeah and he just likes throwing pens. "I said with a laugh. He turned his head to face me with an amused expression on his face.
" I'm not the one who drew a cock! "He said laughing.
" You threw a pen at me and I don't even know you're name! " I said as I pushed his shoulder.
" It's hunter. "He said as he stopped laughing.
" I'm Alice. " I said unable to take the smile off my face.
" Riiight so Alice what are you doing here?" Emily asked with a smile.
" Oh yeah uh my friend is hanging out with a fucking bitch and I saw Hunter staring at me so I thought I'd come sit here so I don't off myself." I said with a small laugh. Hunter smiled at my grim remark.
" Yeah you didn't look like you were having a great time. " Hunter said with a small Laugh.
" So who's the uh bitch she's hanging out with? " Kevin stuttered.
" Just some dick she likes, but she doesn't realise that she's actually a bad person." I said with a sigh rolling my eyes.
"Why's she so blind sighted?" Hunter asked leaning down slightly to make eye contact with me.
"She's blinded by the great pussy." I said making everyone laugh.
We all kept talking for a bit.
"Monster?" I asked as I offered Hunter my water bottle. He furrowed his brows in confusion. He grabbed my water bottle and took a swig.
"Original, nice." He said passing the bottle back to me.
"It's my favorite flavor." I said with a smile.
The bell rung and everyone started slowly getting up and ready for their next classes.
"What's your next lesson?" Hunter asked me as he stood up and slung his bag over his shoulder.
"Gym." I said picking up my backpack.
"Same." Hunter said with a smile.
"Do you wanna walk togethe-" I started to ask Hunter but was cut off when someone grabbed the handle of my bag and pulled me backwards.
"The FUCK?!" I shouted as I almost fell over.
"Are you gonna fucking walk with us to Gym or not?" Ally asked harshly.
I rolled my eyes.
"Lay off." I said as I slapped her hand away. Maya gave me a harsh look.
"Yeah yeah jesus fuck me I'm coming." I said adjusting my bag. I heard Emily snicker at what I said.
"See you later pretty boy." I said to Hunter who tilted his head to the side.
"Pretty boy?" He asked laughing.
"Mhhm." I said.
He rolled his eyes.
"Aww so you think I'm pretty, that's cute Alice." He said looking down at me.
"No I didn't mean it like-" I started.
"C'mon you can't talk to your new metal head crush all day Alice." Maya said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me away. I laughed as we walked away turning around one last time to flip Hunter off.