Hot Rods

I sat on the bleachers in the gymnasium next to Robbie.
I watched Alice as she did the rope climb, she beat the girl who was doing the rope climb next to her. She jumped down into the soft rubbery cushions under the ropes incase someone fell.
"Okay new girl good job!" Coach said giving her a high five. She went to the back of the line as the next girls did the climb. A couple of the girls whispered to each other as she walked past them. She scanned the bleachers when she found me. I smiled, and she smiled.
" She's pretty." Robbie said drawing my attention back to him.
"Yeah... She is." I said looking back at her.

*******

Once the girls were done we all went and sat on the bleachers as the guys went down to where we were standing. I watched as Hunter stood around idly speaking to the guy next to him every now and then. Finally hunter was at the front of the one line I looked to who was front of the other line to see who he was up against for the rope climb.
"What the fuck?" I muttered under my breath. The guy he was up against was huge, he was in my math class he sat at the front. I think his name was Jared. The coach blew the whistle and I looked back down at the two boys snaking their way up the rope. Jared clearly had an advantage he was getting up the rope alot faster. Hunter was doing really well but not well enough to beatJared. Jared jumped down and before the coach could stop him shook the rope Hunter was on. I saw Hunter slide down slightly, ouch that must've hurt.
"What the FUCK?" he asked as he jumped down. Jared laughed loudly.
"Hunter calm down go sit on the bleachers I'll talk to Jared." The coach said as Hunter walked off to the bleachers angrily. He sat down on the bottom bench. I squeezed past some of the other people sitting near me, I walked down to the bottom and sat next to him.
" Hey. " I said looking up at Hunter.
"Hey." He said not looking at me.
"That dude's name is Jared right?" I asked.
"Yeah." Hunter said bitterly.
"He's a fucking dick." I said angrily.
Hunter looked down at me with a laugh.
"Yeah a giant fucking dick, he's one of Skip Hoffman's goons." He said with a smile. I looked at him confused.
"Oh yeah Skip and his friends are the cock suckers that did this." Hunter said pointing to the side of his head that was shaved. I nodded understanding now. I grabbed his hand and heard him wince. I looked down at hunter's raw hands.
"Shit!" I picked up his hand looking at the rope burn. The first thin layer of skin had been taken off, and now his hands were red and sore-looking.
"Sorry." I said putting his hand back down.
"It's okay." He said with a shrug, he was obviously still annoyed.
"Where's Emily and Kevin?" I asked changing the subject.
"Oh they do marching band." Hunter said rolling his eyes with a small laugh.
"Wanna ditch?" I asked suddenly.
Hunter sharply turned to me.
"Fuck yeah." He said a mischievous smile growing on his face. We got up and snuck out the gym doors while coach wasn't looking. We ran down the halls laughing, when we heard some foot steps behind us.
"Shit!" I whispered. I grabbed Hunter's hand and pulled him into the room behind us. Hunter stumbled over his feet but caught himself before falling over, though he had pressed me up against a wall in the process.
"Hi." I said his face inches away from mine.
Hunter flipped his hair back into place.
"Hey." He said with a smile. I looked behind him and saw instruments.
"Oh my God!" I said pushing Hunter away.
"This is the music room!" I said looking at all the instruments.
"Yup." Hunter said confused.
"This is so dope I didn't know there was music room here." I said playing with a cymbal on the huge drum kit at the back.
"Do you play something?" Hunter asked sitting on the floor against the wall.
"Yeah I play guitar." I said looking over to him. He raised his eyebrows.
"Electric?" He asked sitting up slightly.
"Yeah." I said.
"No fucking way same!" Hunter said as he got up and walked to me.
"That's so cool." I laughed.
I scanned the huge drum set.
"Skull fucker.." I said as I traced the design and words on the base of the drums.
I heard Hunter chuckle slightly from behind me.
"Pretty baddasss name I know." He said smugly. I whipped around to him.
"Are these yours?!" I asked surprised. Hunter nodded.
"Woah what the fuck that's so cool!" I said shaking him slightly.
"So you have a band?" I asked.
"I have a band, yes." Hunter replied.
"And you play guitar?" I continued.
"I do." Hunter said.
"So who's the drummer?" I asked my eyes darting to the drums behind me.
"Kevin." Hunter said rubbing the back of his neck.
"Kevin can play the drums?" I asked suspicious.
"He's learning." Hunter finished with a small laugh. I replied with trilling laughter.
"Fair enough, what about your bass player?" I asked after our laughter died down. Hunter broke eye contact looking annoyed.
"Yeah uh we don't have one yet." he said crossing his arms.
"Oh shit, you should hold tryouts." I suggested, tapping Hunter's boot with my own. He looked down at our shoes and smiled a little.
"Yeah we're planning on doing that on Friday." He said finally looking up at me again. The bell rang and we had to leave the music room

*******
Time skip to once school ended.

I walked to the parking lot with Kevin, he just said bye to Emily and we were gonna go back to my house. I saw a vintage purple car in the parking lot that I had never seen before.
"I'll be back." I said to Kevin as I walked to the car. The driver door was open and Alice was sitting in the driver's seat with her legs crossed, a cigarette hung out her mouth as she went through a pile of Cds in her lap. I walked up to her.
"Hey what are you doing?" I said putting my hand on the top of the car door.
She looked up at me. She took the cigarette out her mouth and blew some smoke out.
"I'm uh I'm looking for a specific CD to listen to on my way home." She said smiling as she looked back down to the pile of Cds in her lap.
"Want help?" I asked.
"Sure. " She said handing me some of them. I looked through her many Cds, god she must've been collecting these forever.
Death, metallica, Iron maiden, sex pistols, Korn, goblin cock, darkthrone , emperor, Alice in chains, anthrax, tool, slayer, judas priest, Mayhem and more.

I picked a Korn CD it was a recent album, Requiem. I handed her the CD and she turned it over in her hand looking at the song list. She nodded and put the rest of her Cds away.
"Thanks." She said as she put the CD in.
"So this is your car huh?" I asked looking around her messy car.
"Yeah." She said with a nervous laugh.
"It's cool I like it." I said.
"What's your car like?" She asked. I walked her over to my car, and when she realized I wasn't joking she basically drooled over my car.
"Oh my fucking god! This is your car?!" She said as she ran her hand over the glossy black exterior.
"Yeah." I said holding back laughter.
"Fuck this car is so fucking sexy." She said looking at my custom number plate.
"I wanna get railed in this car while listening to Slayer." She said probably forgetting Kevin was right beside me. Kevin laughed loudly, she turned towards him laughing at herself slightly. Kevin keeled over with laughter. I joined in laughing and Alice just flipped me off.
" Well goodluck with your mission to get railed in Hunter's car." Kevin said finished laughing.
"But we have to go." He finished finally.
"Okay see you guys tomorrow." She said waving at us as she got into her car and drove off. I did the same.

"So how do you feel about Alice?" Kevin asked looking out the window as we drove to my house.
"She's cool, why?" I asked knowing where this was leading.
"Oh I just knew that you'd like her I mean I did say that-" Kevin started proclaiming before I interrupted him by turning the music up.
"Fuck off." I said rolling my eyes. Though whenever I though about Alice I smiled.