Chapter 1

Chris POV

A little background information, I'm basically stuck in the "perfect life" I was sworn to because I'm a girl. It's all bullshit. Dinner every night with random ass people I have never met. The kind of people that smell like cigarettes but cover it with a fancy hat or tie. I have a dress for every hour of every day, even night. Yes, the night gowns that have too many ruffles and bows to even be considered anything other than a barrette.

Everyone I know thinks that being a girl means I'm the weak link. The one they can shit on. By "everyone" I mean my parents and my brother. My brother Roger still thinks we live in a society where women was dishes and do laundry for free. My parents are richy-rich and like to flaunt it by dressing us up and pasting a smile onto our faces. Roger's smile is always real because I'm always yelling or getting yelled at. When it happens, it's all he thinks about. I hate that bitch, he thinks he owns the world. They all do. They pick on the lesser and shit on people with a speck of dirt on their face.

Because roger is a shitty bastard, he gets into plenty of trouble but rarely ever gets blamed for anything. One day he went way too far. He pulled a knife on a kid and it was requested that he be sent to military school. Being the rat bastard he is, he thinks it's a joke. He always says shit like "it's cause I'm a man" or "they see how strong and independent I am" when he can't even grow a pare.

I'm not about to be stuck by myself with my parents! And I will not let him feel the satisfaction of winning this bullshit. Mostly cause it's stupid, but he will find a way to be right. He always does.

===========================================================
Looking in the mirror I get the strangest idea. It's gonna sound kinda stupid and overdramatic but that's how much I hate this family. I was thinking, what if I go to military school?

Ya no shit I would have to be a dude but hell I don't have the biggest mommy miller's and can simply shave my head. I mean Chris is a masculine name anyways. Sure it's short for Christina but guess what, I don't have to tell anyone that.

You know what, I'm gonna do it.

I head down to the barbershop after school. I walk in and all of the eyes are on me. Mostly because I'm a young girl and everyone in there were old men. It smells like cigarettes and mothballs and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me.

"Hello young lady, the candy store is that way." A man points out the window.

I didn't feel like dealing with people today so I did what I always to, be snarky. People hate that.

"Did you just come from there?" All eyes were back on me. Wasn't the best comeback ever but he sure as hell looked like he did. I couldn't tell if it was chocolate around his mouth or the result or a shitty shave.

"How may I help you young lady?" The worker says, finally breaking the silence that followed my comment.

When I said I wanted a boyish cut all eyes were back on me, again.

"Are you sure? I mean I would never expect a young lady like you to make such a drastic change."

"I'm positive." Is all I said. I walked over to an open chair and sat down. The man looked at me for a moment then walked over to the chair.

The man grabbed one of those cape things and his tray of scissors and razors. Can you tell I know nothing about dermatology? ( A/N my mom owns a fucking salon and I have no clue what I'm talking about. Whatever Chris says is my true confusion)

"Now, are you sure you ar-"

"I'm sure okay!" I cut off the man mid sentence. He sighed and grabbed his scissors.

As he begins cutting away at my hair, a young boy sits in the chair next to me. He had brown curly hair that really didn't need a trim or anything. So I was confused on why he was here. He looked over at me with pure confusion in his brown eyes, welcome aboard the confusion train buddy.

"Um hey." He says after a few minutes of staring.

"Hey." I say back with a smile. I'm trying to act like I know that this man is cutting off all my hair so he doesn't ask me if I am sure I wanna cut my hair.

"What are you...did you tell him to-"

"Yes I am aware that he is cutting my hair off, I asked him to."

"Um ok, why?"

Oh shit ok, I forgot I would need to answer this kind of question. Why would a girl need to cut off all her hair except for the fact that she has cancer or something.

"Long story." Wow nice one, really convincing.

"Well I'm a good listener."

"Well I'm sure you are but there are some people here that don't deserve to know."

"Sure, sure." Thank god dude now change the subject.

"I'm Chris."

"Short for Christina?"

"Yes but if I'm telling you it's Chris, then you call me Chris." I'm cutting my damn hair for gods sake use that masculine name dumbass.

"Sorry, I'm Ralph." Man he said that really nicely, now I feel bad.

"Nice to meet you." Ok Chris be nice, don't fuck this up.

"You too."

Me and Ralph talk the whole time we were getting our hair done. I learned that he was going to military school too. I'm praying to god I get the chance to tell him not to tell anyone I'm a girl when we get there.

"There you are miss, all finished." The man says from behind me. He turns me around to reveal my short, scraggly haircut. Perfect.

Me and Ralph walk out of the barbershop together and finish our conversation.

"Hey, how about I treat you to some ice cream or something?" Ralph says. He's slightly squinting after being in the barbershop for a while, it didn't get much sun. That and I was standing in front of the sun, but it was at the perfect spot for it to be right in his eyes, it made them sparkle like melted caramel.

"Sorry I oughta get back home, my family is waiting. Maybe another time." I say smiling and not squinting. I'm almost bragging about facing away from the sun.

"Oh ok. Sure!"

"See you later Ralph!"

"See ya around, pretty miss."

"Pretty miss? Really?" I yell from two building down.

Ralph giggles, and walks the other way.

======================================================

Word count: 1150

Kind of a long chapter but whatever.