Chapter 3

5:07 pm

They got to the carnival pretty early so they got a parking spot near the entrance. Hailey saw how many people were there and she felt nervous, she didn't know why but sometimes she gets nervous around big crowds. She has had slight anxiety for a while but sometimes it gets bad in crowds. She looked back behind her and grabbed Matt's hand.

"Sorry, is it ok" she whispered looking down at her hand and back at him.

"It's ok" he whispered back.

They walked up to the booth and paid for wristbands, now they can go on any ride they want.

"What do you guys wanna do first" Nick asked.

"Wanna go on the yo-yo" Hailey asked.

"Sure" Nick answered.

They walked up to the line and waited to get on. Hailey put one of her hands on the fencing that surrounded the ride and she was still holding hands with Matt. The ride started to slow down and lower itself. Hailey had a big smile on her face. She has always loved the carnival and the rides.

The line was moving faster and they were ready to get on. They were the last ones in line that got on. Hailey sat in-front of Matt and behind Chris, Nick was in-front of Chris.

The ride started to rise and Hailey started swinging her feet back and forth ready for the ride to start. It picked up speed and started moving more. Everyone on the ride was screaming and having so much fun. The view was perfect too, you could see the other rides and the whole park was filled with laughter and screams.

After a few minutes the ride slowed down and came to a end. They waited for the ride to completely stop before jumping off.

"Where next" Nick asked.

"That roller coaster" Chris pointed to a rollercoaster in front of them.

"Why not" Hailey said.

They stood in line for at least 20 minutes before getting on.

"Oh my god it smells so good" Hailey groaned. The air smelt like buttery popcorn and sugary donuts.

"Damn it does" Nick agreed.

"Well we get on in a few minutes you guys can wait" Chris said watching the people on the rollercoaster scream.

"I don't know if we can" Hailey said taking one last look at the delicious smelling food.

They were up next.

"2 per cart" the worker said.

"I can sit with Nick" Chris said.

"Alright" Hailey smiled.

Hailey and Matt sat in the front and Nick and Chris sat behind them. They waited for everyone else to get on. The ride started, it went up and up slowing making its way to the top. They were waiting for the moment for it to drop down. Everyone on the ride started screaming and through their hands up. They were going to go upside down and everyone hands gripped the bars. After going around once more the ride slowed down.

"Damn that was fast" Hailey said while the safety bars went up.

The four of them climbed out and made their way down off the platform.

"Can we sit down for a sec" Nick started to walk towards a bench.

The boys went to the bench and Hailey followed behind.

"I'm going to look at something I'll be right back" Hailey said walking towards the fence of a new ride.

While she was watching the ride for a minute, Matt was looking at her.