1

(All Texas's POV)

(Also btw, Parker is a boitch who has very casually made me decide that their new and improved portrayal of countryhumans is the only correct one. Which, if you don't know, is just that they look like completely normal people, however still are whatever country they are. So there will be no reference of any visible flags nor will people be identified thusly, so if you read this and think "how does Texas not know that's [insert country]? Cant he see the flag?" It's because he can't)

I was walking through the UN building, hella lost, hella nervous, and knowing I was hella late for my first ever UN meeting as a country.

Not a great combination.

I hadn't been paying much attention when America was giving me a tour, mostly because I feel real awkward around him now. I mean, he said he was ok, and that he just wanted me to be happy, but I still got the feeling he was pissed... or slightly worried this might spark some other states joining in the fun of ceding the Union.

Honestly, I pray they don't.

I just got really tired of it all, and I figured if I didn't cede now I might just throw the towel in later anyway. Maybe I was thinking with my heart rather than my head, but I don't really care all that much right now. Anyway, I just want to stay far away from the states right now. Who knows, maybe later when we all miss each other we can have a tearful reunion. Maybe I might even come to my senses then.

I find a door that seems to have other people on the other side of it, so I figured I might as well just risk the embarrassment of opening the wrong door than wander around like an idiot for another ten minutes. I go in, and yeah, it's the right place... I can tell everyone kinda figured I'd be late. I have met some countries, and some heard of me from Ame, and I feel they all have the impression that I'm arrogant, annoying, or just an idiot. I don't blame them, because my outward personality is a bit over enthusiastic and overly friendly.

"Texas, I presume?" UN says, seemingly already exhausted knowing he now has two Americans in his meeting room.

"Yep, sorry I'm late," I say. I wanted to be joking or at least show a bit of personality, but I barely know pretty much everyone here so I figured I should try to make a very neutral first impression so there's no bias formed immediately around me. I'm seated in between America and Mexico, which is just as awkward as you think it is. The meeting is long and boring, and that's it.

This is the life I chose I guess.

I look over at Mexico when the meeting ends, and he looks back at me with a blank expression. I smile awkwardly but... nothin. Figures... I look over at America, who smiles, but it feels forced. Figures....

Wow, this sucks.

I guess I'm just not used to it yet. It'll probably get less awkward the longer I do this whole "being a country" thing, but I don't know how long I'll last if my neighbors are so indifferent towards me...

"Hello, um... Texas right?" I hear someone say. I turn around to see America's brother Canada. I smile.

"Yep, that's me," I say. I've met Canada a few times, and he's pretty chill. However, I don't know how feelings change now that I'm of a similar status to him.

"Did America not give you a tour of the building?" Canada asked.

"Heh, he did, Im just bad at remembering things," I say. Canada nodded.

"I get that, well, if you meet me outside before the meeting we can walk together so you're not late," Canada said.

"Really? That sounds great," I say. However, I try not to sound too excited, because if he's lying or joking or something I don't want to look stupid.

"Perfect!" Canada exclaimed. After that, we exchange numbers. Huh, apparently he was being serious. Or he's lying and will subsequently use this information to embarrass or blackmail me.

Man, am I being too anxious?

Calm down Tex, we'll be just fine... after all, how hard can being a country be?

I subtly knock on the wooden desk.... I'm gonna need all the luck I can get