3

(Imma clear some stuff up so I don't accidentally cause a war in the comments... me and @hellllllnah make up a lotta headcannons together, one of them being the headcannon that the CH/SH don't affect the human world anymore. So like, after the cold war, the CH severed the connection between their world and ours. Therefore, in this book, Texas being 'independent' doesn't mean the actual country is severed, but in CH politics his connection is severed from the US. The only difference in me and Parker's headcannons is that politics still kinda exist in my CH world, they just don't affect real-world human politics. Just wanted to clear that up.

oh and btw, this is gonna be a pretty angsty story, so like... be warned ig. It'll have a happy ending tho I promise. But yeah, reader discretion is advised)

(again, I don't mean to base this off of modern politics. This is just me being angsty and angry. I'm not saying Texas should leave the union, I quite like it here)

(Btw, I changed the title and description to better fit the story I'm crafting)

The next day, I decided to go about town and look for a new job. I have enough money stashed away to keep me going for the next month, but I need a source of income... and I saw an ad at the coffee shop, sayin' they need more workers, so might as well shoot my shot. I go into the coffee shop and hand my resume to the owner, but he doesn't seem to mind if I'm qualified or not, because after a pleasant conversation over coffee, I'm hired without him even glancing at the resume.

Sweet.

After that little victory, I decide to get familiarized with the town some more. It's a real nice area, if not a bit quiet. I do like the change of pace, though I can't help but feel... out of place.

Suddenly, I hear my phone ring.

Again, for the eight time this hour.

From New York.

Oh god.....

Texas: Ok, shoot me

NY: I could if I would

Texas: Glad to hear it

NY: You've been ignoring everyone's calls. How long do you expect you can just run away from your fucking problems?

Texas: Not too long, my problems tend to follow me. Hell, they're all my fault too. I'm such a dick. Now that I admit that I'm a no-good asshole who should expire in early death like he deserves, will you let me block your number?

NY: I knew we should've just fucking killed you

Now, that was rude, but also made me laugh. New York really does just speak his mind.

Texas: woaaaahhhhhhh there, that's illegal

NY: Oh wow, really? What do I care? You put our union in jepordy-

Texas: it already was, don't lie

NY: Still! What makes this different from the first civil war?!

Texas: Well, none of the south influenced my decision to fuck off, and none of 'em seemed to wanna join me either. So don't bully the south about it I guess, because I sure as hell don't want 'em seceding and trying to unionize with me because of y'all bullying them. That's the difference. I don't fucking want to talk to any of you

NY: God, you're so fucking arrogant-

Texas: Oh really? Never noticed. Maybe you guys should've told me every fucking minute rather than the once-an-hour reminder I used to get from y'all