01: 30 Months Later

Blurred out sounds of the voices of his teammates, the yelling and cheering from the audience, and the muffled out sounds of explosions filled Chan's ears. He opened his eyes, a certain dizziness caused his own world to spin as he did so, he blinked rapidly to rid of the wooziness only to discover himself being dragged away by Jakob and Gaho, with Jisung right at the rear of the group, prompting the two eldest members to hurry up.

"It's gaining on us!" Jisung yelled, pulling out his sword as he didn't follow the rest of the team anymore, "You guys go ahead, I'll take care of this bitch!"

"Jisung!" There went Gaho, almost ready to scold Jisung just by cursing in the middle of an amphitheater battle, until the younger male cut Gaho off.

"Definitely not the fucking time!" Yelled Jisung as he attacked the bull with his sword, straight from the bottom, buying the others enough time to get behind the blue line, where everything was always safe during battles. As soon as Gaho and Jakob got behind the blue line with Chan, Gaho instantly told Jakob to help Jisung. Jakob jumped into the battle with his club in his hands as he let out a rather dramatic scream of war.

With a few swings of Jakob's club across the four-horned ox, and five stabs to it's side from Jisung and his sword fighting skills, the beast fell to the floor with its dying bellow, followed by blood oozing out of its body and onto the amphitheater floor.

The arena was filled with a roar of cheers, and whistles from the audience, from those who betted on them and from fans that even Chan dared not to believe in unless one would introduce themselves to Chan. Another victory within the first month of the year.

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

"For Pete's sake, Chan!" Chastised Gaho as he gently scrubbed off the dirt on Chan's face, restraining himself from hurting the younger male then and there, "No idiot charges into an animal with four horns without any weapons!"

"And just because you knocked down a similar beast with your bare hands, doesn't mean that you can do the same thing on an even bigger one," Seungmin interjected, his hands in surgical gloves, the medicines, gauze, and disinfectants ready on a tray. "Don't overestimate yourself too much."

"How's the clinic working, Seungmin?" Gaho asked as he assisted the spectacled male on applying first aid on Chan.

"Quite well," the latter replied as he gently applied the disinfectant on Chan's new wounds, "Jeno and Jaemin have been very helpful, even though they bicker at certain times."

"And the tattoo shop managed by Hyunjin?" Chan interjected, hissing as Seungmin directly pressed a swab with disinfectant on his wound, the latter sending an apologetic smile Chan's way.

"Customers come and go, he just had an apprentice last night," Seungmin answered, removing the surgical gloves with a sigh, later on cutting off a fair amount of gauze to put over Chan's wounds, "You're lucky you don't need stitching this time, last time you needed stitches were-"

"Six months ago," Chan cut Seungmin off, grimacing to the dusty ground, "so now I had a tattoo that I didn't plan to have."

"I'm pretty sure Hyunjin did a great job with the wolf on your chest though," Jakob spoke, meaning to cheer up Chan with a compliment, but the other male wasn't having any of it.

Taeyong, Jungwoo, and a new head administrator that goes with the name "Moti" have added so many thrills to the amphitheater events, from brutal criminals to mutated beasts against the gladiators, they never ran out of ideas to entertain the spectators that come to watch the bloody events every week days.

That beast that Chan and the others were facing was a mutated beast that scientists made over the past long years, Taeyong paid them, of course, with unknown amounts of money, but everyone gambled that the madman paid mountains of amounts of money or cheques. Despite being a tyrant and a dictator over the past two and a half years, everyone - except for the gladiators - agreed that he is a man of entertainment.