Chapter 8

Canada POV: 

I've been walking for two weeks. And I had finally made it. Washington D.C. It made the most sense for my brother to be here rather than anywhere else, so it's my first stop. It was fairly warm here, warmer than in my country, at least. 
But on the bright side, I'd gotten my hands on some makeup! Papa(French Empire) had taught me how to make it look perfect, and blend in with the humans. 

Speaking of, I wonder how he's been, along with France. Probably horrible, but still! I can't help but wonder if his experience has been as bad as mine, or if it's a little less horrible. Hopefully less. 
I was currently in front of a Walmart Supercenter, just a little ways away from Maryland. I debated where America could even be in this district, but I didn't know the geography very well. It could very well be anywhere. 

I settled on walking around until I found a large building. Couldn't be too hard. If I looked anything like the building I was kept in, it would be very noticeable. So hopefully it did. 

The streets, luckily, weren't too crowded, but that could've been due to the fact that they might all be working right now. So I saw no problem to stop and look at maps of the capital, figuring out exactly where I am. Cause close to Maryland isn't very helpful. 
On the map, I could also pinpoint where I was heading. Just go West a little from here, then a bit South. 

It wasn't as far as I was expecting it to be, to be honest. But... before I head there, I might need some sort of weapon. It would be useful, considering this is America, and they probably all have a gun in their pocket for defense in case something like what I'm about to do happens. 
"I haven't used a gun in over a hundred years," I mumbled to myself. "Where on earth am I even gonna get one?" 
I mentally slapped myself. This is America, I could get a gun almost anywhere. Convenient. Dangerous, but convenient. 
But then again, I'd also have to pay for it. I wonder if I can sneak in? Or just figure out how to pay for a smaller weapon, like another axe. I've always loved axes, so much easier to use once you get the hand of them. 

Besides, their also less noisy, most of the time. But... not as good for far away combat. So I have two options... gun: noisy, costly, needs ammo, or ax: less expensive, not good for distanced fighting, and the handle might break, like the last one. 
After almost ten minutes of debating, I decided on the axe, based on the fact that I could probably also unlock locked doors with it. By force. 
Now... looking on the map, I don't think you can buy an axe. But there is a hatchet throwing place, maybe I could just steal one- Actually, there's a hardware store. I'll just get one there. 
"Hmm... now where to get the money?" I wondered out loud. "It's not like I have time to get a job.... maybe I could go around a look for some on the street..." 
Groaning, I considered the options. Guess I'm scavenging for change, now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Third Person POV:)

Soviet grunted, carefully poised away from the camera, and right in front of the door. He shifted slightly, holding the first aid kit above the door, ready to slam it down at any moment. 

"Papa...? Ready?" Russia asked, holding the small plate he'd been given for food. The other children held theirs as well. 
"Yes... you all know what to do?" Soviet asked, looking at all of them. 

A various amount of replied came in different languages. All of them meant yes. Complete silence filled the room for a split second, before the banging of metal hit the wall and filled the room. 

Belarus had thrown her plate again the wall. All the others followed suit, throwing the metal bowls and plates across the room to bang across the wall. Soviet braced for the door to open from all the chaos the noise drew, ready to slam down the aid kit. 
After a minute of banging the plates, the door to the room opened, and in walked a man.