8

it had been nearly a week since ginny nearly walked in on me and Ron doing... something. draco hasn't stoped teasing me since and it's almost like Blaise and Ron have been walking around the bedroom with way less clothes than usual.

"hey" Fred said sitting next to me on the couch.

"hey" I mumbled leaning into him and letting him wrap his arm around me.

"hows things with you and Hermione?" I asked looking up at him.

"not great I'll admit." he mumbled. I frowned

"but you two like each other right? why won't she-"

"she said that fake dating thing showed her my true colors" he said with a sigh.

"what? are you serious?" I asked sitting away from him to get a better look at his face. there was a look on his face I had never seen on a Weasley twins face. pure sadness.

"let me talk to her?" I asked reaching for his arm to comfort him. he smiled a weak sad smile and shrugged his shoulders.

"I mean if you're offering, but i don't see Hermione granger changing her mind." Fred replied.

- - -

"when are you gonna go talk to Hermione?" Ron asked as we lay cuddled together, his left arm under my torso and his hand on my hip, his other hand under his head, my head rested on his chest as I lay on my side with my stomach and chest pressed tightly against his side.

"maybe after dinner" I mumbled drawing shapes on his chest with my finger.

"do you really think she'll actually listen to you?" he asked moving his face into my hair.

"probably not but it's worth a try. I owe it to him to try my hardest to convince her." I replied

"I know you think that Harry. But Fred was more than happy to help you, us, out like that. you don't really owe anything to him" he mumbled.

"no you don't understand I really do owe it to him" I said sitting up on my elbow still leaning on my side but sitting up to get a better look at his face.

"after what he done, although he went about it in his own messed up kind of way, he wouldn't be like this right now if it wasn't for him. I really have to try my hardest Ron." I said. he smiled and moved so he was laying on his side, making me lay down as he done so.

"sorry darling" he said with a light laugh. I smiled and kissed him quickly. he kissed me again and smiled against my lips.

"go talk to her and then come back" he whispered. he then kissed me one more time and let me get up.

"I'll be back soon" I called as I shut the door.

I found Hermione sitting in Ginny's room studying.

"hey 'Mione, can I talk to you?" I asked. ginny smiled and waved at me as Hermione let out a small sigh but stood up and followed me out of the room.

"what? make it quick I really need to get this assignment done" she said walking down the stairs behind me.

"the assignment isn't due to the end of next term Mione" I complained back.

we walked outside and sat on the stairs to the front door.

"this better not be about Fred-"

"give him a chance Mione. please let me get you to understand that he truely does care and-" I said cutting her off, but she cut my off to say

"I know harry. I just, he's this fun guy and his personality is.... not always studying and having a nose in a book like mine. If I did date him he would get so sick of me so quickly.... I don't want to go through the pain of him coming to realize how boring I am and then leaving me." she mumbled refusing to make eye contact with me. I smiled sadly and held her hand.