• 5 | 6 | 2020 •

-
"If tomorrow brings new hope, I hope it brings you"
•perry poetry•
-

• Siyeon POV •

"Me and Mihee... we broke up"

His head held straight as his eyes shined with hope. I looked at him and blinked.

"Okay..? Congratulations?"

He laughed, his head thrown back as I looked at him, unamused.

Looking back at me, he smiled and reached out for my hand, gently holding onto it. I couldn't pull back, the strong urge to slap him away, it wasn't doing anything.

I glanced at my hand then back at him, biting the inside of my lip, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Let's..get back together.. hm?"

I was at a loss of words.

"I love you"

He uttered, giving a sweet smile as his thumb softly caressed the back of my hand.

"I've always loved you.. Siyeon"

"I-.. Nam Guk..-"

Words weren't coming out.

His lips made contact with my knuckles as he looked at me, stroking my head.

My heart was beating quick, I wanted to push him away.. why couldn't I? Why wouldn't I?

"I won't hurt you ever again.."

He hugged me, running his hand up and down my back. My arms remained to my side. I didn't hug him back.

Why would I?

Why should I?

Chills ran down my spine.

It felt like bugs suddenly ran all over my naked skin, under my sleeves.

My heart almost beating out of my chest.

"Ever.."

My eyes shot awake as I lightly gasped, my chest heaved up and down as I panicked. I looked around me and looked outside the window.

The warm orange color of the sunrise greeted me as I laid back down, relieved.

I sighed.

"Oh.. what a nightmare"

I cringed, wiping the back of my hand onto the sheets of the bed, aggressively rubbing it up and down. My face scrunched as I recalled the dream, an irritated feeling rubbing against my stomach.

"Disgusting.."

My mouth let out a sigh as I stared blankly at the ceiling, blinking.

'Why couldn't I pull back?'

I turned to lay on my right side, hugging the pillow and resting my face on it.