𝟎𝟎𝟏 | she had the world

.

summaryin order to understand the end, you must go back to the beginning; ....quite literally.

┆彡

1 Month Ago, January 2006.

In a deserted road under the busy highways of Tokyo, the front wheel of a red Dodge Challenger pulls slowly behind the checkered line mark; the plate reading "も12-23"

Play is pressed on an mp3 player and a rock track starts up, concealing the blaring cheer and screams of the audience on the pavement.

Young, beautiful [skin color]. [ hairstyle ] hair. Dresses flamboyant. Although sundown, cheap thrift store shades covered her orbs. [ Y / N ] was about to compete in the biggest street racing event of the year for the first time.

The track kicks in just as an opponent pulls into view on her right. Her eyes can't be seen, but they expressed slight fear upon seeing the striped Dodge Charger's owner. He is the number two of an opposing race gang, Roadkill.

He offered her a friendly nod in which [ Y / N ] politely returned, letting the frame of her shades fall to get a better view of his vehicle.

"All racers are in!" A guy announced through a crappy megaphone, stepping in front of the lined cars. "Before we start, I wanna hear who you all are rooting for!" Of course, the conventional audience cheers before the game. [ Y / N ] sure hoped she wouldn't disappoint everyone who bet on her team.

"Roadkill's Naoki?" "Pressure's Fred?" He continued to go on for each gang's representative.

Nodding her head, swaying in her seat, mouthing the vocals. A prisoner to the rhythm. She doesn't miss a beat, almost ignoring the world outside the two doors of her car.

"Lastly, Road Reaper's [ Y / N ]?!"

[ Y / N ] gave a small wave for the crowd, one hand remained still on the wheel.

"That's everyone in the race for tonight! But let's not forget our beautiful Eli here!" An alluring woman in skimpy checkered two piece comes in view, standing on the starting line which matched her clothing.

"The drivers will follow the track which goes around the area leading back here, approximately 25 kilometers in total. Bumper guards are prohibited. No speed limit is set. And lastly, the starting signal is indicated by the fire of a gun!" The race instructions were the only part [ Y / N ] bothered to pay close attention to.

"Drive safe, contestants!.... or not. Heh!" The host concluded the introduction, now heading back to the pavement along with the thrilled audience hooting for their betting team.

"3..2..1, Now!" POW!

[ Y / N ] revs in time with the chorus dropping as Eli fires the gun into the air. She pops the car into sports mode, then stomps on the gas hard.

The car screams back through the tight spaces between racing opponents, making a sharp swerve to overtake. [ Y / N ] drops into drive upon surpassing two cars, sailing into the flimsy, old road. The pop punk track blasting on the car stereo built in speed and energy, so did [ Y / N ].

Despite the velocity of the getaway, [ Y / N ] is calm behind the wheel, weaving through traffic like an android. The other racers had their chins up, desperate to surpass [ Y / N ]; sending her intense, striking looks.

One black & white cruiser overtakes her, zooming past plenty of meters away before making a full 180 right in front of her lane, leaving [ Y / N ] almost no time to react.