𝟎𝟎𝟒 | it's my party

.

summary: A celebratory day turned dreary. Someone goes missing on your birthday, and your friends tries to lift your spirits.

┆彡

Eyes closed, [ Y / N ] turned her head skyward, and whispered to the wind: "What's up, sister?"

With an exhale, her eyes met the sticks burning themselves out, their upright bodies slowly blazing into ashes, and lavender scent dispersing.

"I turn another year older today..." She mentioned, slightly shifting on her seat. "Next year, I can legally have my name on a property... we are so close!" [ Y / N ] enthused. "and, of course, no more fake license and registration..."

"I'm gonna be all hands to make Reapers Speedway Club a reality." She mentioned the name of their dream race track.

When she heard footsteps from down the stairs, she immediately speaks,

"I'm talking to Ysa."

"Should I go?" Mikey asks, staying in place.

"I'm trying." [ Y / N ] blurt. "I've been trying to figure out what's next for the team, now that we're still walking in the dark." She explained.

"I know everyone's expecting me to take over, because majority of our seniors left when she died—"

"but... I don't know..."

"And, I thought she might know what I'm supposed to do. So I'm just gonna sit here and... wait for some divine intervention. I don't know." [ Y / N ] shrugged, head hung low.

"Hey, Ysa... I hope you're well." He carefully picked up a matchbox before taking one then scraping its head along the rough surface to kindle a flame. "Help [ Y / N ], will ya? Tell her to trust herself, and follow her heart's desires." He says, igniting the candle wick and putting out the old flame with a blow.

"and, say hi to Shinichiro for me." He smiles, hands tucking into his pockets before taking the empty seat beside [ Y / N ].

A moment of silence was paid, both having their own thoughts in this brief moment of serenity.

Until continuous pounding came from the garage doors, urging [ Y / N ] to open her eyes and get up, "Who is knocking at my door like a barbaric?" She exclaimed, stomping towards the door and lifting it open.

"Hi." Draken had a beaming smile as he came in sight, along with Emma and the Toman heads.

"Happy Birthday, [ Y / N ]!" Mitsuya greets from the back.

"Thank god you're here before they sing me a cheesy song. Come in." She gestured her friends to come, warning them to not scratch her parked car as they headed inside.

Everyone had just settled onto the seats and carpet, while [ Y / N ] and Chifuyu tinkered with the stereo to get it working.

"Happy Birthday to you!" Although, she froze on the spot upon hearing the voice of the old man, alongside the little boy who was practically a brother to her.

"Happy Birthday dear [ Y / N ]! Happy birthday to you!" The rest of her friends joined in, as she could only silently stand in place. "Thank you." She thanked them.

Not really having a certain wish in mind, [ Y / N ] blew out the lit candles on the cake before everyone cheered.

"Not a party without some songs, huh?" Smiley enthused, turning up the stereo that she had been preparing with Chifuyu.

"I'll leave you guys here, I made food. Please help yourselves." Mr. Nakata spoke before heading to the stairs. "That's a nice photo of Ysa, by the way," He added, gesturing at the photo of the older girl by the lit candle and sticks.