𝟎𝟎𝟐 | passenger seat

summary: after participating in gang and street racing activities, you were summoned to... babysit Takashi's little sisters?

┆彡

"Feel Good" The track kicks off with the harmonized words right after a laugh record, followed by building up snare beats and a solid bassline.

"City's breaking down on a camel's back." The vocals playing through the small, subpar stereo filled [ Y /N ]'s basement crib, accompanying the sound of the shower droplets hitting the floor.

NASCAR posters, cast-off car plates, stolen traffic signs, and unused, old vinyl records exhibited the dirty beige brick walls of the room, completed by warm fairy lights. The presentation of her basement quarters do not exactly look different from the establishment that lies above it— an automotive workshop; where she works.

"Windmill, windmill, for the land, turn forever hand in hand..." [ Y / N ] hummed the lyrics as she skimmed through the dresser, eyeing for today's outfit. Across the warm yellow-lit room is the door to the parking shed, where her sweet ride nestled.

Off the racing track, [ Y / N ] drove in style.

As much as she wanted to cruise around the city on a fine day, (and maybe, kidnap a few of her friends to take along), her help is very much needed in the shop for the morning. A handful of automotive parts from clients were also to be picked up.

"[ Y / N ]" was neatly embroidered on the patch of her navy work shirt, topping it off over her white camisole and teal trouser combo. Water droplets falling from her damp hair hit the floor as she focused on tying the laces of her shoes.

"Sha-ba-da-ca, feel good-" Upon finishing up, [ Y / N ]'s work uniform was complete just in time for the store's opening hours. The stereo was the first appliance to be switched off, followed by the glittering fairy lights as she headed up the stairs that lead to the store's back room.

Unorganized repair tools from the prior night stayed unattended on the floor, serving as her first task of the day. Not long after, "OPEN" replaced the word "CLOSED" upon flipping the sign, now getting the day truly started.

The easier, simplest repairs were the first ones she worked on, casually tinkering behind the counter on a tall stool and bobbing her head along the B'z song playing on the radio

"Good morning, [ Y / N ]. Some deliveries are coming in today!"

"I will get to them, ojisan. Take care!"

"Hey, where's he?" A younger kid runs from the shop backdoor, looking for the old man.

"He is getting a cab instead because of your slow ass." [ Y / N ] jeered.

"Give me the keys!" He huffed in response, as [ Y / N ] slowly reached for the said key and tossed them to the boy. "Bye!"

"Bye [ Y / N ]!"

After a slow morning at the shop, [ Y / N ]'s day is just getting started. The metal door of the garage made a loud noise upon lifting it up, [ Y / N ]'s 1998 Toyota Supra came into view.

"Hi, sweetheart." She awed, walking down the sloped cement that led to the car. "Up for a ride?" She carefully put the wipers back down before unlocking the doors, letting herself sit behind the wheel and throwing her sunglasses on.

Keys to the ignition switch, the radio immediately played upon start, indicating she may have forgotten to turn it off last night when she last used it.

The plush Keroppi ornament which Mikey had gotten her slightly swayed upon adjusting the rear mirror, giving [ Y / N ] a good visibility of the scene behind.