𝟎𝟎𝟓 | young and menace

summary: you were just too close to the puzzle to see the beautiful picture of your forming relationship with Mikey. Except, you subsequently regret a mindless decision when someone entered the frame.

┆彡

In the speeding world, the use of Nitrous oxide is permitted in certain classes of auto racing. It increases the speed of the vehicle, and prevents the engine from overheating.

But in street racing, there were often no rules.

You can move forward without it, or you can choose not to.

You can continue to move on without it, and be just as fine,

... Or snag a few of it in your engine reserve. After all, every car needs some sort of cooling technology, anyways.

However, once you remove your automobile from the Nitrous treatment, it may begin to misbehave,

— and start to yearn for the cool anesthetic that propels it to peak performance.

As Draken focused on the parked vehicle in front of him, spare motorcycle parts and tools crowded the cement driveway where he sat.

While Mikey sits on the pavement with legs crossed, stuffing his face with his favorite dorayaki with a visible pout on his lips. Since they'd met here, the blonde boy hadn't taken up a single tool to assist his best friend.

This, of course, didn't go unnoticed by his vice president. Putting the wrench down with a sigh, Draken dusts his slightly greasy hands before getting up,

"Alright, what's the matter?" He questioned, towering over the shorter boy.

"I haven't seen [ Y / N ] all week." Mikey replied, words slightly muffled.

Draken nods in response before taking the towel hanging over his shoulder, "I heard she has finals at school." He spoke, wiping his hands clean.

"Or she's still mad that I missed her birthday." Mikey answered.

"Oh, did she like your gift, Mikey?" Draken asks in response, remembering Mikey's thoughtful gift for [ Y / N ] last week at the mention of her birthday.

"Oh, yes. We hugged on it." Upon recalling their shared moment at the final minutes of her birthday, Mikey's pout was erased in an instant at the thought of the memory. "Then we went to Mitsuya's the next day to get our hair done... then his sisters did our hair like little pigtails." He added.

The evident change of mood was noticed by his best friend, "That doesn't sound mad to me, I'm sure she's just catching up with school." He assured.

Upon looking back at the shorter boy sat on the ground, Mikey's pout was already erased, replaced with a sweet smile that matched the different glint in his eyes.

It wasn't the same one he had when beating up rivals, rather, it's a beautiful flash that swirled in endearment, almost spelling [ Y / N ]'s name from how easily they manifested at the mention of her name.

"You really did go above and beyond with that gift, huh?" Draken remarked. "You could've been caught. and sent to juvie." He added, pointing out that he'd never done such efforts before.

"But I wasn't." Mikey shrugged.

"Plus, that car was going to the trash, anyway. And it's the one she wanted! It's the least I can do... A full restoration would cost me a fortune, you know?" He explained, crumpling the bag that used to hold the dorayaki he was eating.