Chapter 6: A Twin

Chapter 6: A Twin

Verosika, Blitzo, Striker, Bombproof, Moxxie, Millie, and Loona walked out of the park after the commotion earlier.

"Verosika," said Blitzo as he caught up to her, "I'm sorry for being an asshole to you earlier and everything else that you mentioned."

"And I'm sorry, too, for taking your parking spot," Verosika apologized back.

"Hey, I don't blame you. I deserved it. It was payback for the shit I did to you."

"Oh, and thank you for saving my ass, Blitzo."

"You're welcome, Verosika."

Verosika was about to step into her apartment, but not before winking at the cowboy imp, who also saved her ass and he winked back at her.

"Goodnight, Miss Verosika," said Striker.

"Goodnight, Striker." She blew him a kiss and closed the door.

"Strike," a voice beside him said.

Striker turned to face his speaker. "Yeah, Blitz?"

"About my mom, she, um...she died." Just then, Blitzo started to cry softly, upon mentioning his mother.

Hearing this, Striker wrapped his arm around his friend. "Sorry for your loss."

Blitzo sniffled. "She was like a big sister to me and Barbie Wire."

The cowboy imp held the imp boss closer to him. "Your twin sister, right?"

"Yeah. She's in rehab." Blitzo wiped his tears away.

Little did the two know that someone overheard Blitzo's sister's name.

"Blitzo. How about I show you where rehab is? Because I've been there once."

Blitzo's eyes lit up. "Thanks, Verosika."

"Anytime."

...

The next morning at around 10 AM, Blitzo jolted awake, hearing his phone buzz. He grabbed his phone and saw that he got a text message.

Verosika Mayday: Meet me at my apartment and then I'll show you and your friends the way to rehab.

Blitzo texted back saying: On it.

Once he sent the text, Blitzo shook his cowboy friend awake. "Time to wake up, Strike."

Striker turned around to face his friend. "Morning, Blitz. What's up?"

"Verosika sent me a text just now about us meeting her at her apartment, so she could show us the way to rehab, where my sister is. The faster we get to her apartment, the better."

Striker removed the covers from his body as he got out of bed and he and Blitzo started to get ready to go.

"But what about breakfast?"

"We'll pick up some donuts on the way," Blitzo replied.

Striker nodded thoughtfully. "Oh, good."

...

After Blitzo, Loona, and Striker picked up donuts from a gas station, they were on their way to pick up Moxxie and Millie from their house. Blitzo texted Moxxie and Millie about meeting Verosika at her apartment before picking up donuts.

Seeing the van from their window, Moxxie and Millie dashed out of their house and locked the door on their way out.

"M n M! You're here, just in time!" Blitzo announced, "Would you two like a donut?"