Chap 7: Too x Much x Hisoka

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡

CW: Mentions of vomiting  (not from humans but an animal if that makes it any better.)
If you wish to skip it I will give a warning in the form of three little stars. -

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡

Many started to sprint as Satotz' pace grew rapidly and the splatters of feet in the water-saturated grass increased in volume.

The fog got thicker the farther everyone ran, contestants began disappearing among the clouds, but thankfully, Satotz seemed to defy this for a bit.

"Gon, M/N."
"Eh?"
"Let's move to the front. I want away from Hisoka."
He held his gaze level with the jester reminiscent man then grabbed his green-themed friend's hand and M/N's in a swift motion.

"He's trouble. I can smell it."
Gon takes a heavy whiff of the air before raising his brows.
"I don't think he smells?"

"Gon."
"Mm?"
"It's an expression."
"Oh. Thank you M/N!"

Killua tugged them ahead, not at all waiting for Gon to inform his friends.
But Gon had it covered nonetheless, yelling as they accelerated that they were moving to the front.

Through the noisy trudges of the others, M/N could vaguely hear their responses, straining his ears to get the input.

"They say they'll come later. Leorio can't run that fast."
"Aww."
He frowned, a rather heart-wrenching expression to see on the sweet boy's face.
M/N didn't really care though lol.

Because of their lead in front of the crowd
M/N, Gon, and killua were naive to what was happening behind them.
Naive to the individuals falling for the ruses of the wetlands, prematurely ending their lives or severely injuring themselves.

Later, as they were discussing Leorio and Kurapika, who were facing their own troubles a ways away from them, Killua stopped.
Naturally, M/N followed, pulling Gon back by his collar as well.

"What's up?"

But Killua didn't exactly get to explain what was up as the ground began to sink and from its depths came a large, pear-coloured frog, swallowing them and the ground they stood on whole.

♧                     ♢                     ♤                      ♡

M/N bounced in an uneven sequence as the heavyset frog stomped through the land occasionally stopping for rest.
He shoved his headphones on, feeling angsty and not exactly taking to his new surroundings.

Lucky for him, his newest associate Killua had a solution -to the problem that he caused..-

☆ ☆ ☆

The frog spewed an insufferable amount of liquid from his mouth as Gon, Killua, and M/N had an unceremonious landing in the puddle it just created.

It was, frankly, rancid for M/N to land ass first in the vomit of a giant wetland frog but if he was gonna get through this exam he was gonna have to get used to this.
He was hoping he'd be able to shower later though.

☆ ☆ ☆

He stood up first, offering his open palm to his two younger compatriots.

"I guess he must not have liked how we tasted, huh?"

"Yeah that, or he didn't like Tonpa's drink.
I poured it in his mouth right after he ate us.
Don't know why it took so long for him to  realize it though... anyway, I could've escaped without it."
The pale but fluffy-haired younger angled his head upwards in a snooty action of pure pride, again, trying to show off.

Though... nobody took the bait.

Gon voiced his worries about his companions right after the brag, and Killua, unhappy at the receival of his boasting, quickly told him to forget about it and keep going.
Which Gon complied with, not before hesitating a little bit.

"They'll be fine Gon. Kurapika's eyes tell me he's strong, and Leorio.. has a lot of willpower."
"Mm. You're right!"

♧                     ♢                     ♤                      ♡

Killua, who had gotten overzealous in his jog, was a quite bit ahead of Gon and M/N who were chatting, if you could call it that with how one-sided it was.
Gon kind of just gave his opinions to an overly unresponsive M/N, who might nod in response, should he agree with it.

Killua anchored himself when he saw an arrangement of people running in a single file line through the fog.
A smile spread on his face and he turned to tell the duo, only to see... no one.
Shit.

Meanwhile, Gon was busy telling M/N his favourite edible plants.
He suddenly paused though, right in the middle of his rant about mushrooms.
Swiftly, he pulled his fishing hook into his hands, holding it as though it were a sword.

"Hm?"

he looked ahead, noticing exactly what Gon saw before him.
It was Hisoka -he was proud to say he paid enough attention to conversation to have learned his name- and he was getting torrented by Leorio, who was wielding a branch, attacking as though he were a bull angry at the sight of red.

Couldn't this guy let M/N catch a break for one second? He's everywhere at all times.

Gon whipped the pinkish bobber attached to the resilient string right at the face of the man who was utterly humiliating his friend, hitting him directly on one of his colourful face tattoos like it were a target.

Red flew cinematically out of his nose from the impact of the fishing material and his head rotated at a nice 45° angle.

He froze, stunned, in a stupid position while Leorio stumbled around near to ground in an attempt to get away.

"Gon!"
Leorio yelled, a confusing mix of relief and worry in his tone.

Hisoka dramatically sighed, turning around with a sickening grin on his face, it made M/N cringe.
His golden eyes shrunk as he narrowed his lids so his lashes were almost touching.

"Not bad, little boy."

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡