Chap 16: Chairman x Eats x Balls

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡

As quickly as his smile developed, it died, as they all felt an energy spiking to the left of them.

"Huh?" Gon jumped as M/N grabbed the two, sheltering them with his shoulders, his eyes darting left to right.

"Is something the matter?" The chairman sauntered in from the right, his long sleeves almost dragging the tiled ground as his wooden sandals echoed clacks against it.

"You didn't happen to see anyone coming from that side did you?" Gon pointed to the left, watching as the chairman confusedly followed his finger with his eyes.

"I did n-"
"Hm. You're quite fast for an old guy." Killua interrupted, sneering lightly while M/N proudly nodded from beside him.

"That old trick? You flatter me.."
"What are you after?" Killua's guard spiked.
Gon stood beside the two, glancing between them with a confused look on his features.

"M/N? What are they talking about?"
He whispered to the boy after sneaking his way through their determined glares.

"Netero was the presence to the left."
"Ah! How'd he do that?"
"Must be quite fast I s'pose."
"Wow! I wanna be that fast someday.. maybe I could win against you in a race?"
"Keep trying Gon."
M/N dismissed the now pouty boy, watching as Killua continued to beef with the chairman.

Not long into their conversation, Killua grew annoyed at the chairman's attitude, stomping down one of his feet. He grabbed M/N and Gon's wrists and flipped around, hurriedly trying to step away from the infuriating oldie.

"Now now! Before you go, I wanted to ask; would you like to play a game with me?"
At the end of his sentence, M/N pulled his wrist from the boy's hand, switching in turn, to grab his hand and hold it up.

"You really shouldn't ask little boys to play games with you. I'm sure people wouldn't be happy to hear the chairman of the Hunter Association liked children like that.."

The old man awkwardly laughed, a spiteful sort of look in his eyes.

"Haha...You know I didn't mean it like that. Come along, join if you feel that you need to protect them!"
"What kind of game..?"
Killua interjected, his back still turned to the man.

"I can't tell. But I'll make it interesting by saying- I'll make you a Hunter on the spot if you win!"
"Wowie! M/N can we play? Pretty please?"
Gon's brown eyes grew large, his hands clasping together to beg.

"If you want to, I don't care."
And despite the cold sentiment, Gon's arms flew up in a cheer, him shuffling behind Killua to push him along as the chairman turned to lead them.

"Yes, yes. Follow me."
And M/N did, far behind the three who were forming a line.

♧ ♢ ♤ ♡

He brought them to a circular padded baby blue room, small round windows spread in a pattern along the wall.
As they arrived, he seemed to be wearing different clothing. Clothing that M/N did not see him change into.
Is he that fast or was he just wearing it underneath??
Though he wouldn't pander it for long as the man began to explain the rules.

"It's entirely simple, you manage to take the ball from me before the airship arrives at our location, you win."
He began to spin the ball along his finger.

"I believe we're scheduled for an 8 am arrival. I'll only be defending, please try your hardest."
They all glanced at the clock placed almost along the curve of the ceiling, it read 11:32.