Chap 14: M/N x Goes x Nuts

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡

(This is definitely the worst chapter I've written 4 this book lol)

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡

As expected, Menchi blasted back up due to the draft, an egg in hand, and landed next to the old man.

"There! Now I just need to boil it and I'll be set!"
She flashed the egg at the crowd, watching as those who had been ridiculing her earlier dropped their jaws in shock.
A small smirk graced her face.

Leorio excitedly jabbered about the concept, talking big about how easy it would be for him while Kurapika 'listened' next to him.

Gon interrupted him by quickly running ahead, notifying his friends of his intentions, he was gonna jump, right away..
They, quite loyally if M/N could add, followed blindly.
And he, who had not planned to jump with them, was led to follow as he was shoved over the cliff with the rest by Kurapika.

"Wait!"
M/N unexpectedly yelled far too late as he now sank with the other four, who'd flung themselves down the deep ravine.

An unusual panic set over him,
he had not had time to calculate his plan..
So, he looked desperately around for a web to grab.
After spotting one, he'd began swimming through the air, away from the group, gripping a sticky web with a sack of eggs not far below it. He watched as the rest of the crew all landed on the same web..
They were testing fate.

He'd expected this from everyone else, but Kurapika? It was a surprise..
Still, M/N can understand, he's still a kid.
He thinks..
Maybe Kurapika is like the opposite of Leorio?

Could Kurapika be 30?

He'd ask later if the boy didn't 'unexpectedly' fall into the abyss.

He waited for a sign of the blast, his hands beginning to grow sweaty.
Soon as he felt just a small breeze, he dropped, grabbing an egg and accidentally sending some falling into the abyss to meet a cruel fate at its bottom.

He curled around it, feeling the air embrace him from all sides and carry him though the air to the top, where the hot sun hit him again.
He landed gracefully, at least to his own perception, and then sat down at the edge of the cliff, contemplating his fall.

He was terrified, like really truly scared..
he hadn't felt like that in a while.. he didn't even know why he'd felt like that in the first place.
He was always smart enough to think of a solution, so why then did he freeze up?

But truly, feeling fear again was exhilarating.

Perhaps he'd endanger himself more often.. maybe a fight with Hisoka would do him well?
No. He's far too annoying. He'd probably fall to his knees in front of M/N with just one defeat, he seemed the type..
He'll just have to find someone strong elsewhere.

Though he didn't need to think about such a thing any longer as he was guided to a huge pot that was boiling water, multiple contestants placing their eggs in it while some fished their eggs out to eat them.

M/N threw his in, waiting a few minutes then tugging it back out with the tools provided.
He quickly brought the egg to Leorio, who seemed to be enjoying his own, and dropped it in his lap.

"I hate egg."
He simply commented, walking away to sit on his own, as his little loner mind had wanted.

"Eh? Why me?"
The boy whispered to himself, turning to Kurapika next to him, who shrugged with a slant to his mouth.

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡