【┘】10: Obscure and Secure

×××

KLEEVE

"ITO NA 'yun." I roamed my eyes around the whole floor.

Receptionists, staffs, personnels, guests and managers.

"Ito ba talaga 'yun?" I took a glance on my phone.

Fifteen minutes before eight o'clock.

Inaantok na rin ako. Aich.

Ang Alghester kasi na 'yun.

The file's plaintext brought us here in the 21st floor of Hexagone Hotel. This place was not directly said in the file, only its uncompleted history and a file of bankruptcy were there, which served as our lead. And of course, due to Finx and his connection, we easily traced this place.

"Patingin nga." ani Finx.

Finx fixed his gaze onto the watermark of the File 3. He narrowed his eyes and murmured something.

"Ang tanga mo, Kleeve.."

That's what he murmured.

"This is not a code that you have to decode, you damned birthday boy." ani niya habang tinuturo ang watermark.

"What?" Pampagulo lang 'yung series of numbers?

I thought it was binary code all along since it worked from the beginning 'til the end.

"60-90-110! Ito 'yung address mismo, bobo. Nasa watermark ng File 3," nag-umpisa na siyang maglakad papasok sa elevator.

"Floor?" tanong ko.

"B2. Mali tayo ng building, e."

"Pa'no mo nalamang 'yun mismo ang address?" tanong ko sabay kuha ng cellphone ko sa kaniya.

"Tch. May sinabi kasi sa'kin dati ang magaling kong ama, siguro . . . mga 6 years old ako no'n." his face turned into a serious one as he put both of his hands on his pocket.

"If you want to reveal your address to someone you don't trust, or to someone you want to test: state it numerically."

"'Yun. 'Yun ang sabi niya sa'kin no'n. So, ang nasa isip ko, ang address namin, ay 3.14-15-68," he immediately snapped his fingers on my face.

I can't believe that Finx came up with such an easy to decrypt address. Kahit yata elementary student, kayang ma-decode nang mabilisan ang address na 'yun.

Sabagay. He was only six that time.

"Alam kong itatanong mo kung bakit," I mentally chuckled.

No need. I already knew. That's what I want to say but my mouth doesn't cooperate due to my dizziness.

"Alam ko namang kahit ganyan ka ay may utak ka, alam mo naman siguro sa'n ko nakuha 'yung 3.14." the elevator made a Ding! sound right after his response.

I stepped backward as the group of five people came inside.

"Pi." sagot ko kay Finx.