instructions

By the time Link returned to the domain, the sun had not yet risen. It had taken much less time than he had anticipated to meet with Purah, and he was more than happy to be able to return before [y/n] woke up. 

Knowing she was nearby made some anxiety in his heart quell, and he felt like he could finally relax again.

He made his way back to the inn, offering a small wave to the attendant at the front desk as he headed in the direction of the room that had been reserved for them. At the time that he and [y/n] had arrived at the domain, Link had felt so frustrated and disgusted with himself that he only stayed long enough to ensure that [y/n] was going to be nursed and taken care of. Unfortunately for the Bokoblins and Lizalfos occupying the surrounding area, he then had a pool of aggravation that needed working off. 

Admittedly, his excursion had taken longer than he had planned. Link had even found his way to Mount Ploymus, facing the Lionel that resided there and inadvertently taking more blows than usual. He had taken a few too many risks when fighting the beast, caring far too little for his own wellbeing. In the end, he wound up walking away with more cuts and bruises than he cared to admit.

However, he had always been a fast healer, so he found himself hardly paying any mind to the dull ache of the injuries. Injuries were such a constant in his life that he imagined he'd be more uncomfortable without any aches than he was with them.

These thoughts settled at the back of his mind as he entered the dimly lit room, having wandered through the halls of the inn until he found his way toward the back. It seemed Sidon had ordered the room be specially reserved for them⁠—and, though Link was frustrated over not having a good way to repay the Zora for the gesture, he was grateful. 

The only source of light was a luminous stone lamp, casting a cyan glow over the room. His gaze flickered to the bed in the center of the room, and he felt relief lift some of the weight off of his shoulders as he realized she was still fast asleep.

Slowly, he began to pull his gear off from his shoulders. It didn't take long for him to undo the various buckles and clasps, and within a few moments, he was carefully sliding his possessions down to the floor, propping his sword up against the cushioned edge of the bed. 

He had kept his gaze flicking toward her direction all the while, trying to make sure that the movement and sound of his gear clanging together wouldn't wake her. 

The fluffy blankets swamped her frame, practically drowning her in the plush bed. 

He couldn't help but wonder if they were truly walking a path that the goddess had intended for them.

With a small sigh—little more than an exhale through his nostrils—Link moved to sit against the wall beside most of his gear. He was almost positive that if he asked, the inn attendants would bring him spare blankets, or a pillow. Sleep was still far from his mind though as he settled Purah's bundle into the center of his lap, and he had spent so many countless nights already sleeping on bare rock or dirt that it didn't really matter to him whether he had a blanket or not. 

Link was no stranger to sleeping in strange or unusual places, and honestly, the cool, smooth stone would probably be one of his more comfortable sleeping arrangements of the past month. 

He adjusted himself where he sat, crossing his legs and propping his elbows on his knees before fully focusing his attention on Purah's bundle she sent him off with. Gingerly, he reached inside, pulling the items out one by one. There wasn't much, which he was grateful for.

The first item he had pulled out was [y/n]'s slate. He pressed the button along the top of it, and was happy to see that it still powered on. Once satisfied that it wasn't going to break at any second, he turned the device off and set it to the side, resting it gently on top of the nightstand by [y/n's] bed.

The next item he pulled out was a small leather-bound notebook, which was mostly empty, save for a few pages at the front that Purah had seemingly written down her notes for the slate on. He flicked through the pages briefly, but found himself promptly closing the book. It wasn't that he couldn't understand the material—more so that the dim lighting made it far too impossible to try to make out any of Purah's crowded script. 

Finally, Link pulled out a folded piece of paper, which had been bound with a small dollop of wax. After breaking the seal, he unfolded and fanned out the paper, smoothing down its creases so he could read it properly.

Link read over the letter slowly, smiling to himself in amusement at the beginning. It almost seemed as though Purah deliberately changed her writing to be more legible, in comparison to her scrawled script in the notebook. As he read through, his eyes gradually began to grow heavier until he found himself re-reading the same section multiple times, trying to make sense of the words. 

Before he could realize it, he had dozed off, paper barely grasped in his fingers.

========================

♡ LINKY ♡

THE BOOK I GAVE YOU HAS ALLLLL OF THESE DETAILS IN DEPTH, BUT I'M THINKING YOU WON'T WANT TO READ THEM (ーー゛)

(SAVE THOSE FOR Y/N ✿)

♡ SO, HERE'S EVERYTHING AS   S H O R T   AS POSSIBLE :9

RUNES

PYROSIS - FIRE, DUH!☆ AIM, AND LIGHT IT UP!! CAN'T HURT THE USER, BUT WILL HURT OTHER HUMANS (I OWE SYMIN FOR THAT ONE ( '∇`'') )

HYPNOSIS - MAKES YOU UNNOTICEABLE TO THE CREATURES AROUND YOU. ♡

ヽ(^o^)丿 O N L Y CONFIRMED SAFE ON ANIMALS, HUMANS, AND BOKOBLINS
CANNOT GUARANTEE WORKS ON LIZALFOS, MOBLINS, E T C! (._.)

TRUTH - ???

NOT SURE YET! TELL ME THE SECRET IF YOU FIND OUT!

PICTURES

THERE ARE SIX (✿6✿) PICTURES ON THIS SLATE. ( ^ω^ )CAN'T REALLY TELL WHAT ANY OF THEM ARE—QUALITY A BIT WORSE THAN YOURS. MAYBE YOU CAN TRY TO FIND THEM WITH Y/N LIKE IMPA ASKED YOU TO DO FOR YOUR OWN?

GUIDANCE STONES

YOUR SLATE FITS IN TO EVERY GUIDANCE STONE/TOWER STONE/SHRINE STONE AROUND. I THINK DOING THIS CHARGES YOURS A LITTLE BIT. Y/N'S SEEMS LIKE IT WILL ONLY CHARGE FROM OUR GUIDANCE STONE HERE, SO IF IT EVER STOPS WORKING:

^o^COME BACK AND VISIT!

TRAVEL

NOT 100% SURE YET WHETHER TRAVEL TO SHRINES IS POSSIBLE. WE TRIED WITH ONE NEARBY, BUT ALL IT DID WAS BLINK A COUPLE TIMES
DIDN'T HAVE YOURS WITH US TO TEST BOTH OUT TOGETHER( '_⊃`)
MAYBE TRY WITH Y/N? SHOULD BE SAFE!!! ♡

THAT SHOULD COVER EVERYTHING ♡ ♡ ♡

☆ P L S READ THE BOOK BEFORE YOU ASK ME QUESTIONS, I AM A BUSY GIRL YOU KNOW! ☆

✿ SAY HI TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND FOR ME!!! (*'▽`*)

========================