Chapter 8 | An Idea

"Where were you?" He questioned.

Without looking at him, I said, "At...the...the cafe..."

He hummed in response said nothing else for which I was grateful and at the same time not because I liked hearing him speak especially if he is talking to me normally, not yelling at me or something.

I guess we won't be having any conversation...

I sighed softly as we both sat on the threshold waiting for someone to come and fix the lock.

I could have used my phone to pass the time but I was too embarrassed to since he saw me staring at his picture.

He must hate me even more now.

What must he be thinking? That I stare at his pictures like a creep all day long?

But still, I couldn't help but look at his side profile hoping I was subtle at it. He was resting his head back on the door, his eyes closed, a frown etched on his forehead, his jawline on which I wanted to run my finger on. My eyes trailed down to his throat, to his Adam's apple.

Gradually, my thoughts started to go a little wild, my cheeks warming up so I quickly shook my head to clear my head.

And then his head tilted towards me, he half opened his eyes. "What?"

Why the hell does this always happens with me?!

"N-n-nothing." I stammered.

He looked bored. "You want to say something?"

I shook my head. "N-no."

He let out an exasperated sigh and rolled his eyes. "You know...a picture lasts longer." Then he lifted his head completely and his tone turned sarcastic. "Oh, wait. You already have my picture. Or should I say pictures?"

My eyes widened, if I wasn't blushing earlier, I was now. "It's not w-what you think! I...I...was..."

He deadpanned. "I know exactly what it is. You don't need to give excuses."

My breath hitched. He knows about my feelings?

Before I could defend myself, my stomach decided that it was a very awesome time to growl loudly since I didn't have dinner yet.

Someone please shoot me right now. Please.

I was quick to look away, pressing my palm against my stomach hoping it won't growl again.

"Did you not have dinner?"

"No..."

"Why? You couldn't have eaten something at the cafe? What were you doing there if you didn't eat?" He shot questions at me and I didn't know how to reply to them.

"I...wanted to...cook something...for dinner... that's why..." And my stomach growled again. Oh, for fuck's sake!

I heard him mutter. "You've got to be kidding me."

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

He stood up and folded his arms across his chest. "Come on."

"Huh?"

He jerked his head towards his car parked outside. "I am buying you some food. Now get up."

Surprised, I got up slowly and started to follow him towards his car. A black Aston Martin DB11 was parked right there and I almost gasp at its beauty.

He unlocked it and gestured me to sit inside. Hesitantly, I sat on the passenger's seat. Before starting the engine, he flung an exasperated look to me. "Seatbelt."