Chapter 10 | Pizza

"Why don't you all watch TV while I make pizza, huh?" He told them.

"Okay!" They all said in unison. And they all ran away from there. It seemed they knew their way around the house.

I stood there awkwardly. Sorin cleared his throat, glanced at me for a second before leaving too.

I waited there for a minute before going after him.

I found him in the kitchen, kneading a dough for the pizza on the small countertop made in the middle of the kitchen.

The sleeves of his teal green shirt rolled upto his elbows, his hair messy, a black apron tied around his waist and a subtle frown on his forehead as he focused on the dough.

Wish I could take a picture of this.

Outside the kitchen, all the children sat across the couches in the living room, some of them sitting properly while some of them lying on their stomachs watching some Disney movie.

I went and stood beside him at a distance. "Do you...need help?" I asked gently.

Still kneading the dough, he flung a look at me before focusing on the dough again. "No." Thankfully, his voice didn't sound cold. It was kinda warm...?

"I do know...how to make pizza..."

"I know."

"I can...assist...you..."

"I'm fine."

By now he had made a perfect huge ball of the dough and he started to cut it into four equal parts. He was working quite swiftly. Now, he started to roll out the dough with a rolling pin.

"I...I--"

"Can you pass me the sauce?" He said without looking at me catching me off guard.

"I...um..." I looked around the kitchen searching for the sauce and found a saucepan full of homemade pizza sauce on the stove. "Y-yeah...sure..."

Grabbing the saucepan, I placed it on the countertop beside the dough.

"Thanks." He muttered.

And I felt warmth surge through me. He was not being cold. For which I was extremely grateful.

"Anything else--"

"You can watch over the kids instead." He cut me off.

"But they are... watching movie...and--"

He started to apply a generous amount of sauce over the pizza base. "Go."

"O-kay..."

They are watching a movie silently, I don't need to watch over them. And I don't know how to converse with them too.

But I didn't want to anger him, he was being polite to me so I did what he told me to.

There was some space on the couch, next to that girl who was asking Sorin if I was his wife. Silently, I sat there not wanting to disturb them. They all were watching Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

Resting my elbows on my thighs, I cupped my cheeks and started to watch the movie along with them.

A minute or two into watching the movie, I felt someone poke my arm. I turned my head to the side to see that girl looking at me, ocean blue eyes filled with curiousity. "Umm..."

She wore a baby pink colour, sleeveless dress and her hair was tied into two long ponytails. She was grinning at me causing two adorable dimples to appear on her cheeks. "My name's Vanessa. And yours?" She whispered, this time not so loudly.