Chapter 2

Giyuu’s POV
Everytime I have found something of theirs, it's been beautiful. Well beautiful for being hidden for thousands or more years. Me and just a small group are interested in finding more about the Tanai. What I really want to find is evidence of a building, or maybe a pyramid.
It would be good enough for a burial ground. Since the Tanai people were strong and fierce, they were also brutal. It's been said that their last leader was homosexual. Of course they didn't use that term at the time. Anyways, because of that he would never have kids. Which meant no heir.
So the rest of the Tanai killed him once he turned twenty-one. They gave him a proper burial for the most part. Usually a king would have nice things in the burial with him. Instead because the Tanai's were hateful of him they buried him without anything. It was the most plain burial of all the past Tanai leaders.
This story was found in hieroglyphics. So if I were to find his tomb, it would be the biggest discovery of my life. In a few days, I'm going out to where it is thought to be where Tanai people lived. It's in a dense forest area so it will be a bit harder. I don't mind though, and neither does my closest companion.
Sabito, he is also an archeologist. We have been best friends since middle school. We usually don't pair up or anything but we are both interested in the Tanai. I don't mind, we can both find things. I'm not a jealous person and neither is he. So we work together perfectly, plus we are buddies. I got my stuff ready for our exploration. Over the next few days before we go, I'll continue to check and make sure I have everything I need.