8

Adi's POV

The holidays swiftly pass by. Gio went to our house a couple of times but I didn't face him much. He already had his woman so lingering around him won't do me any good. I don't want to be accused of being a homewrecker!

The Philippines is a tropical country that gives them only two seasons; rainy and sunny. Even though the Philippines only have two seasons, nobody can deny that this usually warm country gets cold whenever the so-called -ber month is coming.

It's already January but the temperature is still awfully cold during early morning, twilight and dawn. This cold weather made me wear denim jeans and a denim jacket to fetch some papers for our company internship.

I only bump into a couple of students while heading to the dean's office for the so-called papers; it's still vacation after all everyone is probably enjoying themselves in their provinces and out of town trips.

It's so boring and to make things worse, Talliah is still stuck in their province. She told me that she'll spend her new year with me but she's being held back by that man. I'll just hope that things would get better for her messed up love life, she also bribed me with a couple of beautiful seashells so I'll just let things slide.

"Good afternoon, Dean." I uttered softly after knocking three times.

"Oh! Miss Benson you're finally here. Please take your seat." the middle-aged dean greeted me with a smile.

"Thank you, Sir." I smiled slightly and took the seat in front of his desk.

"I know you'll come today but I never expected that you'll show up this early." He said while rummaging through the piles of folders sitting tightly on the wooden shelf.

"Ah, about that... I wanted to make a good impression on the company's staff so I wanted to submit our vitae earlier."

"Well, he's a good character. Even though your family owned the company na papasukan niyo for internship, it's a good thing that you still want to give your best. Ah! Finally found it." He finally found our vitae after rummaging his files for a couple of minutes.

"Thank you, sir." I expressed my gratitude with a smile and turned my back to leave.

"Ms. Benson regarding the internship, I hope you won't mind that I added two students to be part of your team." He added when I was about to reach the door knob.

"I don't mind, Sir. I'll just check their vitae while on the way."

***

"Manong, sa kumpanya po." I politely instructed our family driver.

"Yes, Miss." He replied then opened the car's stereo.

This time around, music is not the thing that is playing within the stereo but rather a radio broadcast program wherein the host shares a love story sent by an anonymous individual.

"Isang malamig na umaga sa mga single d'yan. Isang buwan na lang at araw na ng mga puso, hindi pa huli ang lahat para humabo sa tren ni Kupido."

"Maka-single ka naman Papa Pips, wala ka rin namang jowabels."

"Manahimik ka! Porket fluttering ang love life mo, Mama Tets."

"Ehem! Basahin na lang natin ang kwento ng sender for today's broadcast." The girl called Mama Tets said.

"Akin na, ako na magbabasa para may kadamay ako. Single rin 'to." I think the host with a manly voice is called Papa Pips.

"Good morning everyone! I don't know if you'll choose my mail but I still want to have a try." – Papa Pips

"Ay! Spokening dollars pala ang ating sender for today." – Mama Tets

"You could just call me G and I am from Germany. I am one of those lucky students that is blessed enough to be able to study and polish my skills abroad but just like what they say that I can't have all the luck in the world, I sacrificed the chance to be with the girl I like and cared for the most." – Papa Pips

"Wala talagang forever, ang hirap ng buhay na life pa." – Mama Tets

"Manahimik ka hindi pa tapos! — Just like that I left her to go to Germany. I believe that accomplishing a lot would validate my existence to be worthy of her. If I'll describe her she's like a diamond for the queen's crown and I am a gravel used to fortify castle walls. After roughly five years, I am able to see her and do something stupid; I can't hold back that time and I think she thought I'm stupid and unscrupulous at that time but I never regretted what I've done." – Papa Pips

"Ano bang ginawa mo G, next time linawin mo pagkukwento mo!" –Mama Tets

"I wanted to pursue her, and fulfill the promise we made five years ago. Do you have any tips on how I could successfully bait her?" – Papa Pips

"Grabe sa bait ah. Well, para sakin don't stop pursuing her even though things get a little tough kasi una sa lahat kasalanan mo 'yan base sa sulat mo naisip ko na hindi ka nagpaalam at pangalawa, mahal mo diba kaya paghirapan mo." – Papa Pips

"For me as a girl, we easily get insecure so try to avoid misunderstanding. Pustahan tayo, close bonds are built in the span of five years na nahiwalay ka sa kaniya. May mga magagandang German na napalapit sa'yo kaya si ateng na naiwanan mo sa Pilipinas ay may karapatang ma-insecure. Kaya mo 'yan Mr. G, pinili mo 'yan kaya kasalanan mo 'yan." –Mama Tets

"Napakaharsh mo talaga, Mama Tets. Let's pick another sender para may maidulot tayo sa pag-unlad ng love life nila. Our next sender would be—" Papa Pips

I was interrupted by Manong after we reached the entrance of the company. I instructed him that he could leave me at the company because I don't know how long it'll take me to pass the papers. Dad might also give me some errands.

***

"Good morning, Ms. Benson. Are these all the vitae of your classmates for internship." The human resource manager asked me.

"Yes but the dean told me that he included another two students, they are transfer students with good credentials." The manager started to flip through the pages after what I said to recheck the names of interns.

"Ow, isn't this the man who talked to the chairman a while ago. Estudyante pa rin pala siya." She said after she stopped at the file of the man she's talking about.

"Whom?" I curiously asked.

"This man. A girl is clinging on him a while ago, pogi sana kaso taken na." Kung minamalas ka nga naman si Gio pa 'yung idinagdag ng dean.

"Denise-anak nandito ka na pala. Come on, greet Van." The whole HR department stood up and bowed at Dad who suddenly popped out of nowhere.

"Good morning Mr. Hernandez and Ms. Dela Costa."