18

Gio's POV

"What time is it now? What if she doesn't show up? I should've been the one to fetch her." I'm really nervous right now.

"Calm down. For Pete's sake, it's not yet time but she'll definitely come. We've been preparing for this event for months."

"But... Argh! When will we start?" I need to breathe in, breathe out.

"Goodness, Van! Calm down. I'll head out now, I'm going nuts." Danica held out a deep sigh out of frustration.

"Danica~" I'm really nervous and she's planning to leave me alone here.

"Suit yourself. I need to line up for the bridesmaids." A knock interrupted my nervousness and we both looked at the door.

"Congratulations!" It's my best man.

"Thank you for agreeing to my absurd request, Page. You and Talliah really help us to see through the beautiful moments of this journey." I said as we exchanged handshakes.

He's Page Alvaro, a filthy rich man who follows Talliah around like a dog. I wonder if things are going well on their end.

"You could finally have, Adi. You'll stop bothering Liah now, right?" Ah, he's holding a grudge.

"I wonder about that." He gave me a frown with what I said. Maybe we're really taking too much of their personal time.

"No, you should really stop bothering us and step out now. Your wedding is about to start."

***

"Say, Page?" I'm really anxious.

"What if Adi changes her mind and runs away at the very last moment?" I'm really scared, those things often happen on teleserye.

"You watch too much drama. Look at the door now, your bride is here."

The woman I've been yearning for all these years decided to stay with me for this lifetime. I wanted to tell her my vows right now but let's just wait for her to reach me.

Light peeked through the gap of the door and it illuminated Adi who's walking down the aisle. She looks like an angel that descended from above with her long white wedding gown and long veil.

She's taking her time waking while talking to her parents. Can I just drag her up to the altar? I want to bring her to our home.

"Breathe and calm down, she'll get here after some time. Just give her parents a moment with your wife." He said while giving me a light tap.

***

"Please, exchange your vows." I got back to reality after feeling a pinch on my right arm.

"Ano po 'yun father?" nasaang part na kami ng ceremony?

"I said exchange your vows." The father looked a little pissed, how many times did he tell me this?

"Pagpasensyahan mo na, father. Ganiyan yang batang 'yan kahit sa klase ko noon. Napapatulala kay Arcadia paminsan-minsan." The crowd laughed with what our grade 11 adviser said.

I cleared my throat and said, "I, Giovanni Hernandez, take you, Arcadia Denise Benson, for my lawful wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. I will love and honor you all the days of my life.

Adi, I love you so much. I'm aware that you'll know what I want even if I don't say out loud but I still wanted to inform you that I almost had a heart attack when Talliah called me and told me that Class Pres is courting you." I looked menacingly at the Class President who was sitting comfortably with the other groomsmen.

I could feel my eyes heating up but I'm really frustrated right now, "I literally flew back to Manila right after Talliah's call and tried to knock on your front door, only to find out that he's with you at your hou—se."

"Pfft—Why are you crying right now, Gio?" She's laughing!

"I'm really frustrated right now, you know what I'm really afraid that you'll run away from me as I was waiting for you a while ago. I'll really tie you up if you ever have the thoughts of backing out." I tried wiping my tears but they just won't stop.

"Now, now~ stop crying Gio. You're showing them who you really are. I thought you already resolved to uphold your princely persona." I knew she's trying her hardest to coax me but it won't work now. She's already mine, I don't need to uphold anything anymore.

"Father, I'll say my vow now. This man won't stop crying until our reception later." she said to the priest before clearing her throat and reciting her vows.

"I, Arcadia Denise Benson, take you, Giovanni Hernandez, for my lawful husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. I will love and honor you all the days of my life.

Do you remember what I gave you 5 years ago? I gave you a paper ring, right? With my vows inside. Thank you for fulfilling my request. I'm now willing to exchange my paper ring with gold, I won't promise anything but I know that you're the man I only hold dear in my heart from that moment we first smile at each other until we both rot because of old age." She gave me the same smile she showed me back then.

"You may now kiss the bride." The moment I've been waiting for. It's not that I never kissed her but, it feels different when she's wearing her wedding dress.

I slowly lift up her veil and I can now see her natural beauty. I can't believe this girl is my wife.

"Gio, I may love shiny things but I'll definitely marry you with paper rings." She whispered before leaning in for a kiss.

Adi, Thank you for waiting.