17

Gio's POV

[Adi's house, day of the reunion.]

I just got back to the Philippines last night after receiving the invitation for our reunion 1 week ago. I plan to meet Adi later tonight but I can't take it anymore. I wanted to see her as soon as possible. I've waited enough.

I rang the doorbell after parking my car in front of their house. A familiar happy face of a middle-aged man and woman greeted me but I couldn't see the figure of the particular lady I'm looking for.

"Adi is with Talliah. They are having a girls day off to prepare for the reunion dinner party. Shall we go inside, hijo? This middle-aged aunt missed you so much." She gave me a smile as she guided me inside their house.

The home where I grew up never changed as well as the warmth it gives off to anyone who sets foot in this place. How did I even manage to survive outside this sanctuary?

"How are things on your end Gio? Are you finished preparing everything? Are you finally ready to take my daughter?" Adi's Dad is really a straight forward person.

I gave them a smile before saying, "I'm now confident To take her hand and shower her with the finest diamonds on earth."

Tita and Tito laughed at what I said. Her father looked strict when I met him for the first time, especially that time when I asked fortime Adi's Hand in marriage before going to Germany. I really thought he wouldn't agree and keep Adi away from me although if Tito ever did that I'd do my best to snatch Adi from her father.

"You really prepared for everything. You even bought a house for the two of you as well as a couple in my company to support the family you wanted to have." Tito said proudly.

"Alam mo ba hijo, muntik ko nang kaladkarin papuntang Germany si Denise nung mga unang buwan ng pag-alis mo. Kung makahagulgol naman kasi 'yung batang 'yun akala mo namatayan ng asawa."

I laughed at what Tita said and told her that it's my fault because I failed to tell Adi that I'm leaving. We exchanged a few words for hours as I gave them souvenirs that had piled up since I failed to visit them last year.

"Naku! Nag-abala ka pa. Naiintindihan naman namin na hindi ka nakauei last year kasi minamadali mo mga subjects mo. Taon-taon ka namang pumupunta dito sa bahay para mangamusta, pero hindi ka naman nagpapakita kay Adi." Tita complained a little, actually , she keeps on complaining every time I see them because I keep on hiding from Adi. Mahirap na baka hindi ko na gustuhing bumalik sa Germany.

"Nagrereklamo ka pa halata naman nagustuhan mo iyang signature bag na regalo ng son-in-law ko. By the way, when will the bells ring?"

"Soon, Tito. I still wanted to propose to her properly since this is one of her special memories. I wanted her to remember the proposal while giggling even if we both have wrinkles and white hairs in the future."

"Do you need help with the preparations, hijo? As a woman myself, I once dreamed of a magical and memorable wedding rite. We could help you arrange for the small details or should I contact my Amiga's daughter, she happened to be a renowned wedding designer?"

[Danica's condominium. Reunion dinner party.]

This is a most awaited moment to finally see her face but because of a troublesome woman. I'm running late.

"DANICA! Wala ka na bang ibibilis? Malelate na ko!" I shouted at her kasi kanina pa siya paikot-ikot.

"MAGHINTAY KA! Kasalanan mo 'to. Lagi mo akong pinagmamaneho at ginagamit 'yung kotse ko sa tuwing pumupunta tayo sa wedding coordinator."

Well, she's partly right but that is just her excuse. Sinasadya niya 'to. Fifteen minutes na akong naghihintay sa kaniya. I badly wanted to see Adi right now. I shouldn't have agreed to this woman's request.

"Chill ka lang, Gio. Adi will surely attend because I'll pull her hair if she stood you up." I glared at Danica because of her remarks.

"Don't lay a hand on her or pick a fight with her. I'll send you to hell if you do." I gave her a warning and drove to the president's place.

"I'm just kidding! Give back our princely Gio. You superficial person!"

"Cut the crap, Danica. I'm still me." I said while stirring the wheel.

"No, our prince is a kind person who smiles at everyone even though he's a bit harsh with words. He's politely declining everyone but Adi. On the other hand, you... you threw the lunch I made without even opening them! You drag me like a sack when I'm causing too much trouble whenever I'm drunk. I won't be deceived by your princely act anymore."

"Who even told you to pursue me? I don't give a damn if it's not MY ADI."

[Class President's house, Reunion dinner party.]

"Gio! We missed you, man. How are you faring now?"

"It's Van. You can't call me Gio." Whose this squid again? Talliah once told me that a lot of our batch mates eyed Adi while I was away.

"But... Ms. Benson often called you that when we were in high school."

"You're not her. Please excuse me." I said shortly and left that circle. They're DE.LA.YING. ME!

"Hernandez!"

I gazed annoyingly at the man who called me, he's our class president. The one who almost snatched MY ADI.

"You're delaying me. F*ck off my way."

"I'm a bit hurt right now, Dude. Have you ever asked yourself if she even wants to see you?" He's really the worst. Of course, it's Adi. She'll want to see me the most. I'm sure she'll give me a warm hug and shed a few tears of joy.

"Move out of my way, Pres." I gave him a menacing look so he'll leave me alone.

"Chill! I'm just kidding. Your true colors are showing, Hernandez." He said while backing away and added, "Denise is inside, hurry up and go. She might want to see you after all."

Yes, it's Adi. She would never loathe me. She'll be mad at most but she'll never throw me away.

After gathering my courage I hurriedly headed inside and tried to act cool so I would save some face if ever she's mad at me. She won't slap me right? My Adi is not that petty.

I could feel my face relaxing after seeing Adi after almost 5 years. I was getting ready for her big warm hug but she walked past me.

I could hear Danica's mocking laugh so I headed for her and was about to kick her fit lightly when I was greeted by a lot of ladies. Some of them were familiar but I really can't recall the others.

"Chill, everyone. This is Van, Giovanni Hernandez. The princely hunk of our batch." Danica said and clung her arms to me. It's irking but I'm quite busy thinking how I should greet Adi later after she comes back.

"So, you're finally together! You look good for each other." I was about to refute that girl's comment when I heard a soft familiar voice.

"Gio?" her voice is soft and hurt? Is she hurt? Did she hear their nonsense? No, Adi! Don't believe them.

I wanted to explain and tell her everything that happened this past five years but I don't know what to say. I really practiced hard at what to say but all I could say was her name 'Adi'.

"Kamusta?" I'm not fine. I want to hug you now and tuck you away. I realized that she's staring at Danica's clinging hand on my arms.

Oh! No. What to do? What to do? Will she walk away? Will she run back to the door? No, she can't do that. I've been waiting for this moment to come.

Before, I got a hold of my composure. I could feel her soft lips in mine. Right, I have a lot of things to say but making her feel my love and longing should come first. I could just tie her up on my wrist if she dared to run away.