A thunderstorm

Kate hated thunderstorms. It always brought back memories of her dad, and she missed him dearly, she found thunderstorms unsettling and a bit scary as well.

Anthony knew about her fear, how she'd get upset during monsoons, so he tried his best to by her side and ease her tenseness as much as possible during these times.

This was another night of thunderstorms, it was rumbling and slashes of lightnings were illuminating the sky every now and then.

Kate laid wide awake on their bed, awaiting her husband's arrival, who was out regarding some viscount work.

She just hoped he would be back soon, so that the night would pass at ease.

Another thunder boomed and Kate jumped on the bed, getting a robe to gather around her body over the night gown she was wearing, then walked over to stand by the window, watching the pouring rain. It was soothing except the thunders.

Her nails automatically dug in her palm in instinct as she kept looking out.

The sound of door creaking open startled her, she turned around and immediately smiled seeing her beloved's face. She ran over to him and hugged him, not caring the fact that he was soaked.

"Kate!" Anthony hugged her back, buring his fingers in her long, loose hair, combing through them. "I'm so sorry I was late, I just couldn't-"

"It's quite alright." She stopped his rambles, squeezing him a bit tighter, kissing the nape of his neck, smiling to herself in relief. "I'm just glad you are home. I missed you."

Anthony smiled, ready to speak but a sneeze rippled through his mouth and he pulled away, following to sneeze for another few moments. Kate looked at him worriedly.

"You should change, I will make you a hot cup of tea." She offered, stroking his cheek.

"I'll be back as fast as possible, my love." He took her hand and kissed the back of it.

Kate watched as he hurried inside of the bathroom to get changed. She got over to the tea arrangements and made two cups for the two of them, adding her special grains to enhance the smell. She knew how much Anthony loved it.

He returned with a loose shirt on his frame, a towel hanging over his shoulders.

She handed him one cup of tea.

"Did you add your speciality?" He asked, smiling mischeviously.

"Sure did." She responded.

She took the towel off his shoulders and wiped his hair for him, he would turn around every so often and steal a kiss or two from his wife as she aided to his hair. When she was done, she grabbed the cup she made for herself, and sat by him on a chair, by the window. It was still rumbling and pouring outside.

"Were you scared?" He asked, sipping into the cup and making a rather satisfied sound.

Kate smiled. "Not so much. Your thoughts kept me occupied."

"How was your day?" She asked then, taking small sips off her tea.

"Rather boring to be honest. I had to visit the country offices regarding permissions in the need to be granted. Then I had to visit the Duke, and then some of my colleagues asked me to accompany them on a hunt. That was it."

"It sounds quite exciting to me."

Anthony laughed.

"Well, the rather exciting part was the anticipation to return home, to you."

Kate blushed, which was rare since she never really blushed. Anthony loved when she did though, in his opinion, it made her the most beautiful woman on earth.

"Such a flatterer."

"I swear."

"Alright." She laughed.

"So what did you do?"

She sighed before responding, "I helped mother to select a few dresses for Eloise and Hyacinth, then I helped Francesca while she played the pianoforte. I went on a ride, then watered the plants and made some well cooked steak for everyone."

"That's a lot. I hope you didn't wear yourself out too much." He laced their fingers together.

"I am perfectly fine, my lord."

"I'm happy to hear, my lady." This made her blush once more.

Finishing the tea, they put the cups away and went to their bed, shuffling under the covers and cuddling each other close, arms wrapped around the other.

"You make thunderstorms so much better, replacing the sad memories with cherishable ones." Kate said after a few moments of silence.

Anthony placed a kiss on her head, pulling her closer if possible.

"And you make my whole life better. Merely with your presence in it."

"I love you, Anthony." She kissed him sweetly on the lips.

He kissed her back.

"I love you too, Kate."

~~~