A sick day

Morning sun peeked through the netted curtains, basking the room in its tender glow, indicating the sprouted sun of the new day.

Kate yawned, strerching her arms and getting to sit up on the bed. Anthony must have already left to work, she thought regarding as the boy was a workholic and always woke up earlier than her.

She was more than surprised when she turned around and saw the boy sleeping beside her on the bed. Her brows knited together in a small frown, lips twitching at the sides as she tried to ponder over why he had overslept her this particular morning.

"Anthony?" She called out, scooting closer to her husband. "Wake up, dear." She brought her hand up to remove some of the bangs off his forehead when her frown deepened.

Anthony's skin felt warm, more than warm actually and he was even shivering. Kate brushed her knuckles over his pinkish cheeks, worry edging her brows and eyes.

"Sweetheart, are you feeling okay?" She cooed.

Anthony stirred, clutching the blanket close to his chest and leaning into his wife's warm palm.

"Cold." He mumbled, chattering his teeth.

Kate could hear the quiver in his voice and her heart fell into her stomach.

"Your sick, love." She deduced, kissing the top of his head.

She quickly got out of bed and wrapped her dressing gown around herself before stroding over to the kitchen. She grabbed a bowl and a rag, filling the bowl with cool water she returned to their room. She sat beside the sleeping man then put the bowl on the stand.

"Mrs. Wilson please get here." She called while putting the wet rag on her husband's warm forehead to cool the fever down.

"Yes ma'am?" Mrs. Wilson entered.

"Anthony's got a fever, would you please get me some fever, or cold medicine?"

"Sure ma'am. Shall I call a doctor?"

"That's not necessary for now. Let's see if these work first."

Mrs. Wilson nodded then walked away.

Kate aided to Anthony till she felt his fever come down a bit. She helped him swallow the medicine down then got him to sit against the headboard so she could feed him at least some soup.

"I don't want to eat anything." He groaned, pushing the bowl away with a pout.

Kate glared, silently warning him to eat like a good boy.

Anthony eventually opened his mouth and took the spoonful in, grimacing as he gulped the liquid down.

Kate smiled at him sympathetically, her heart aching to see her husband so sick and weak. Anthony always loved to be macho and all voice, but when times came like this, he became utterly vulnerable and would mostly cling to his dear ones. Kate never minded though. She, in fact, loved this side of her lover.

When the soup was done, Kate smiled at him lovingly, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Good boy. You did so good, love." She kissed his cheek then stood up.

She was about to go keep the bowl away when Anthony grabbed her wrist, looking up at her with big, puppy eyes.

"Yes?"

"Please stay." He muttered sleepily.

Kate swooned, she could never say no to that face.

"Just let me put this in the dishwasher and I'll be right back, okay?"

He nodded, and Kate kissed his hand before leaving the room.

She soon after returned, shuffling under the covers and scooting closer to the slightly less shivering boy, she hugged his shoulders while Anthony wrapped his arms around her waist, snuggling in the crook of her neck.

"Better?" She asked, running her fingers throughs his gorgeous locks.

He hummed, closing his eyes and enjoying the amazing feeling and scent his wife wafted.

"Thank you for taking care of me." He looked up to meet her gorgeous hazel eyes.

Kate kissed his temple. "Anything for my love."

Running her fingers through his hair and massaging his scalp, soon Kate heard soft snores from the boy. She smiled, cooing at how adorable he looked.

"Sleep tight, love."

~~~