A mystery

For the first time Kate met Anthony, it was drizzling. She was in a cafe, about to head out when it started drizzling. It was nothing, she could easily run off to her car, but as soon as she stepped into the drizzle, someone held an umbrella over her head.

Her head snapped over to the owner and she found herself hitching slightly. It was a handsome man, very handsome to say the least. His big, brown eyes, sharp jawline and chapped, plump lips, all made Kate want to stare at him for longer than needed.

And when he smiled? Oh God, she held her breath as his dimples made a dent in her heart. She was completely awestruck. She could never thank enough the drizzle for their eventful meeting.

The second time Kate met Anthony, it was their first ever date. It was pouring that day. Kate rememers tensing for hours about how she would reach the restuarant in time as it was heavily traffic. She didn't want to mess up their special day.

But when she finally attended the date, she thought it was even more beautiful because of the rain, the pitter patter of it made their date romantic, and special. She felt goosebumps when Anthony had held her hand and stretched their joined hands in the rain, getting drops to cover their skins like pearls. She had gazed at him with all the love in the world that day.

There was a storm warning the day Anthony proposed to her. They were in a park and Anthony was on his knee as he held the small box out to the girl, Kate was on the brink of tears as she gaped at the beautiful diamond ring sat inside the velvet box.

Just as she said yes, and Anthony slipped the ring on to her finger, the storm started. They looked around and for the first time noticed that the whole area was empty. They hurried to the nearest shelter which happened to be a horse stable. Well there was no horse present, that was a good point.

They made love that night. It was their first time together, it was full of love, gentle touches, shy kisses, skin on skin, and a loud storm outside. But nothing could penetrate the bubble they were in, sleeping in each other's arms.

The couple were prepared that it would also rain on their wedding day, they were more than sure.

But surprisingly, it was sunnier than any summer day possible. Everything was bright and shimmering, even the pond water was sparkling like jewel.

They couldn't stop laughing the whole time.

Fate indeed had great plans for the couple, in her mysterious ways, she made Kate and Anthony's life perfect and they couldn't be any less grateful.

~~~