A store girl

Mornings weren't for the oldest Bridgerton. He loved lazying around the bed untill the sun was up high in the sky, blistering the world in its heat.

When his mother would finally finish the household chores and walk up to his room, shaking him off the bed, he would blink his weary eyes open and greet the day with a grumpy face and a cup of hot honey tea.

Today was like any other day as well, no school, no work, only chill. So Anthony kept on sleeping untill Violet came bursting in, shaking him awake and giving him his morning tea.

"I need you to go to the store today. We need groceries."

Anthony flared his nose up dramatically, sipping into his tea. Violet sweetly smiled at him.

"Send Benedict."

"Benedict's at his art academy, Gregory's at his violin glass, Francesca isn't home as you know, and Eloise isn't one for the job. And I won't send Hyacinth."

Anthony groaned. What was the point of having so many siblings if none would come in handy in the time of need. It came unnatural and exhausting to him.

Groaning and murmuring curse words, he finally got out of bed and went to start about his day.

It was taking extra long time for the queue to end, Anthony tapped his foot impatiently on the floor as he looked around the store for anything particular or interesting.

Finally his turn came and he started putting his items on the reception.

He didn't look up once.

"That'd be 18.89 dollars."

He looked up for the first time and was met with a gorgeous sight.

A girl stood there, sharp jaws, long curly hair tied in a horse tail, orangish eyes and a crooked smile. She looked rather attractive than Anthony would like to admit. He couldn't help but stare at her for a moment longer than affable.

"You okay there?" The girl waved a hand in front of him, snapping him out of his momentary trance.

"Oh yeah, sorry." He quickly took his wallet out, letting a few coins slip through and scatter over the floor, he cursed under his breath.

He bent down to pick up the coins when he saw the girl, whose tag read Kate, helping him. He tried to smile at her but only blushed.

"Sorry." He muttered.

"It's alright. It's good that no one's behind you, or else you'd have shoved out by now." Kate smiled and Anthony blushed in embarrassment.

He finally handed the money over and got his items packed, ready to get out when he stopped and turned around to find Kate already looking at him.

"Uhm can I possibly take you out to grab coffee someday?" He asked, his heart beating loudly in his ribcage.

Kate raised an eyebrow, a smirk displayed on the corner of her mouth.

"Sure. Mr.?"

"Anthony. Anthony Bridgerton."

"Alrighty." She winked.

Anthony couldn't keep the smile off his face for the whole way home.

~~~