I think I get it now - Steve x GN!Reader

Requested by: -1800-HARRINGTON (THIS IS THE FIRST REQUEST I'VE DONE FOR SOMEONE AND I WOULD LOVE TO DO MORE - I was writing another Steve x reader when this was requested so I mixed the two ideas)

Steve "the hair" Harrington, the king of Hawkins High School, now trapped in a sailor's outfit. He hated working at Scoop's Ahoy, the only benefit of being there, besides free ice cream and the new money in his pocket, was you. You were there because you took a gap year, your dream college apparently never got your application, so you never got an acceptance or a rejection letter. It helped you out too because you still weren't sure what you really wanted to do for the rest of your life. 

Steve had been you friend for years, but it was awkward while entering high school because he was smothered by the popular girls. You were always known as "Tommy's ex." That was only because you wanted to grab Steve's attention, but when you got it, you got attention from the other girls too, who called you the "King's Peasant." It was because you were in his shadow, especially when he dated Nancy.

At least you didn't have to worry about anything like that anymore, right?

It was a normal day at scoop's, Steve was hitting on girls, and you were getting hit on by guys while Robin kept score. She found it funny how he tried to impress you and you were too oblivious to understand.

Robin also found it hilarious when guys flirted with you and Steve had this sort of disgusted expression on his face. She pushed you often to confess, saying that it was literally impossible to not see he like you back, but you never believed her.

Steve really missed his high school glory days, so what did he do? One of the only things you hated besides Tommy and Carol. The loveable bastard threw a party. For some reason, all of the high schoolers, past and present showed up. You even saw some of the girls that rejected Steve at Scoop's. It bothered you so much that they rejected him there and then had the nerve to come to his house right after. It almost bothered you more than the party itself.

You hated parties. For some reason, the stench of liquor, everyone's vomit, and everyone all of each other was unenjoyable. It also bothered you that anything could happen while under the influence and the teenagers of Hawkins didn't give a damn. You didn't like wasting your time going to a party since you already knew what happens there. People were going to drink, do drugs, and either go home drunk, upstairs drunk, pass out of the couch, or jump in the pool. You prayed that the police would shut this down already.

Steve knew how you felt about parties, but he still dragged you to the one he was hosting, telling you that this one was going to be different. That scared you, different how? He was finally going to confess to you tonight. He would've at work, but he thought that it would be awkward with Robin there, even with her extreme support. Speaking of Steve, you were in the middle of his living room. He came up to you excitedly. What I mean by dragged you here is that you drove your own car here, after Steve basically begged you to come. He couldn't confess at the party if you weren't at the party. 

"Y/N! You actually came!" He tried to shout over the blasting Michael Jackson playing from the speakers. "I figured I would after you begged me to in the parking lot!" You shouted back. He smirked while you both laughed. 

The song changed to Electric avenue by Eddy Grant, one of your favorite songs. (and one of my favorites too) You took your eyes of for one second and with the next second he was gone. You looked for him in the crowd around you but had no luck whatsoever. It had been a couple of minutes before you felt two semi-muscular arms wrap themselves around your waist. Steve's arms. You blushed and just assumed he was already drunk.

He didn't drink a drop of anything. Now was the time he was shooting his shot.

You had no idea what was going on, as mentioned before, you were know for being oblivious.

"Steve? What are you doing?" You asked him. He said nothing. All he did was bury his face into your hair. You blushed redder than the color itself. The song again changed. This time, the song had changed into, Total Eclipse of a Heart by Bonnie Tyler. Steve started swaying the two of you to the song. He kissed your shoulder and you were already beyond flustered. "S-Steve?"

He let of your waist and spun you around so you could face him. You stared into his chocolate eyes, then your stare drifted to his pink, plump lips. Your eyes met again. There was no doubt that you were in love with this man, but he didn't feel the same, right? You were about to say something, ask him why, but it was as if he read your mind. "Do you seriously still not understand what the hell is going on?" You shook your head.

He sighed and turned away from you, you know faced his back. You couldn't see Steve's face, but you assumed that he was upset about you not understanding him. "Steve? I'm really sorry that I'm not understanding what the hell is going on! Look, I'm not the brightest but I can see that I hurt you. I'm leaving, okay. See you at work." You started to leave and he quickly spun around and grabbed your wrist. You flew towards him and he caught your lips with his.

He kissed you.

You kissed back and your hands went to his hair. He moaned as you stopped to breathe. 

"I think I get it now." You told him before you both started to kiss again.

Sorry this took sooooo long. But I'm back and am coming out with a Will Byers book! I had an oc that I made for Will but with season 4 events, I wanted to get rid of her, now I think that I'm gonna keep her and make a book! @ -1800-HARRINGTON I hope you enjoy!! :)