5.

A/N: Sentences in bold and cursive are flashbacks <3

//

We didn't spend many days in San Francisco, since we had two shows in L.A. and we hadn't had enough time to have a proper look around. Unlike Vegas, which was the last American step. I found it advantageous. It wouldn't have took Elizabeth to propose some night rides at the end of the show! I noticed she weirdly changed her mood since we arrived in Nevada, but I didn't ask her anything. There was trust between us, of course, but I knew that if she wasn't the one to start the conversation, it meant she didn't want to talk about it. I tried to be there for her, and she seemed to be grateful for it.

All these thoughts wandered on my mind while my body plunged into that tub, full of hot water and foam, in that luxurious hotel in Las Vegas. It was almost midnight, our performances went beautifully, like every day, and this filled my heart with an immense joy. People started to stop me outside theaters, giving me flowers, gifts, asking pictures... an indescribable feeling. But what made my heart melts more than anything was the proud glance Elizabeth gave me every time people showered me with attention, inside and outside the theatre. There wasn't much to say, that woman made my life into a masterpiece and a lifetime wouldn't be enough to thank her, to draw a line under my past.

I got out of the shower, wearing my bathrobe and getting dressed. I realized I didn't eat yet, so I opted to dry my hair and order something to eat with room service.

I was about to turn on the hairdryer when I heard a knock on my door. I opened it and found Elizabeth in front of me.

"Hey! Did I disturb you?" She asked me nicely.

"No, not at all! Come in!" I said calmly, letting her in. "I was going to dry my hair then maybe ordering something to eat."

At the end of my sentence she pulled out a bag from behind, I was puzzled.

"I handled it! The restaurant is already closed so I thought we could eat something together!"

I smiled to her proposal "Obviously! You can wait for me in the bedroom while I dry my hair!" I told her, taking the hairdryer. I felt her eyes on me.

"If you want... I should dry them for you." She said almost shyly. It's been so sweet of her.

"S-sure... if it's not a problem!"

A smile of joy formed on her face. I sat on the chair while I've seen her turning on the device, running her hands on my long hair. It had never happened to me of someone who would take care of me in such a way, I can only count on myself since I was a child. But it was such an amazing feeling. I relaxed under her touch, closing my eyes. I couldn't see her, but I could swear she was smiling.

"Seems like you're enjoying it!" She said, giggling.

"It's just... I'm not used to it. No one's ever done that to me" I said with a hint of sadness.

She didn't say anything, but I had the feeling her touch became softer, as a caress, like she wanted to send me that warmth that I never had. I smiled unintentionally.

I wasn't used to this kind of affection, not even with Nolan, my ex boyfriend. Those few attentions that I received was nothing more than material goods, so I grew with the idea that I could live also without affectionate gestures. I was wrong, it was so damn beautiful. It felt like I've been waiting a century to receive just a little bit of affection.

I got lost in her touch, enjoying every second of it. When she finished, a wave of courage flooded into my veins, turning around towards her.

"Thank you..." I told her with a smile, then giving her a kiss on her cheek. I noticed an evident blush on her face, bowing her face, trying not to show it. I smiled.