Chapter 7: Three Days

Tobio was content to lie with his lover sprawled over him while he waited for his knot to go down. His eyes are closed, his breathing even, endorphins flowing freely when it suddenly occurs to him.

"Fuck."

Shoyo's eyes fly open. "What?"

Tobio looks down into Shoyo's wide brown eyes, suddenly embarrassed and frightened. "I didn't use protection."

"Oh," says Shoyo nonchalantly. "It doesn't matter. I'm on birth control."

"Oh, okay, good" answers Tobio as he thought, Thank fuck. That would be so bad to have pups right now. Shit.

They are quiet for several heartbeats before Shoyo asks, "Tobio? Do you ever think about having pups?"

"No, not really." Just that one fucking horrifying second.

"Do you think you ever want them?"

Tobio considers for a moment. "Honestly, I never thought about what I wanted. It was always just expected that as my family's heir, I would marry and have pups. I never actually asked myself if I wanted them."

"You should think about it. Now that you get to choose," Shoyo says softly.

"Yeah, I guess," Tobio answers, though the idea of getting to choose his own future seems strange and foreign to him. But he supposed he really could choose now, couldn't he?

Then after a short pause. "Do you want pups? You know, at some point?"

Shoyo doesn't hesitate. "Oh, yeah. I've always wanted pups. I think I'd be a pretty good parent." Or at least a better one than my father was. "And I'd like to try. To be a good one."

"I'm sure you'd be awesome," Tobio assures him honestly.

They lie there for a while longer and soon Tobio's knot goes down and they are able to separate. First order of business – shower. Tobio carries Shoyo to the bathroom and they shower together, making sure to lather up each other's hair and bodies to the fullest. Tobio can tell Shoyo is getting horny again, based on the way his hands are lingering on Tobio's body and the way he is looking at Tobio like he is a snack, so he makes sure they quickly rinse and dry off before heading back to bed.

Tobio quickly fires off a text to Daichi saying Shoyo is home safely and that he would be staying here with him, so not to expect either at work for a few days.

Daichi answers with a curt, "OK, thanks for letting me know," which makes Tobio worried that their boss isn't too happy with him. But oh, well. He made a choice and he wasn't backing down now.

Tobio barely has time to put his phone down before Shoyo is rubbing up against him again. "Tobio, touch me, please," Shoyo begs.

And so it begins again.

After the next time they get to catch their breath, Tobio picks up his phone and notices texts from Bokuto and Kuroo, who must have been told about recent developments by Daichi. They are along the lines of "Yo dawg" and "Have fun fucking for the next few days." Such good friends, thinks Tobio sarcastically, and doesn't even bother replying.

Shoyo has received several texts in a group chat with Kenma and Akaashi. They are more like, "Are you okay?" and "Are you sure this is what you want?" and "Was it good?" Shoyo manages to fire off a quick. "I'm good. Yes. And it was fucking amazing" before succumbing to the next wave of desire.

And so the next three days are spent in a cycle of desire, sex, pillow talk and clean up.

They talk a lot about things while they're intimately joined and unable to separate. One time, Shoyo talks more about his father. How he treated Shoyo like a favored child, doted upon him, spoiled him even. Shoyo's dad was an alpha and expected his only son to be one too. While he still thought it possible, Shoyo was pampered and loved and treasured.