DADDY 10

Aquilo Thrasyllus Morocov

After telling it to Kiana Louise she starts to break down again. It's really hard to see her in this kind of state. If she's broken then I am more than that.

"H-How about y-your marriage proposal to Mommy?" Huminga ako ng malalim bago siya kinulong sa aking mga bisig.

"I told you that it's just an act right? I need her by my side to keep you on my track and also to know more about the sudden death of your father." She stiffened before pulling out of my embrace. Her lips are quivering and her face is pale. She looks so worn out.

"H-How about that?" I held her face dearly before giving a light peck on her lips.

"Please stay calm my love, promise me." She nodded absentmindedly. Napailing na lang ako dito bago sinabi ang totoo. I didn't expect that today will be the day that she will know everything regarding the awful past of her family. I'm not pitying Kiana Louise because I know she's strong. I am anxious for her.

"I-I'm suspecting that your father didn't die naturally," panimula ko na tinanguan nito. I sigh before continuing. "When his body is under autopsy they saw fragments of poisonous chemical inside of his body. Isa itong nakakamatay na lason kaya bihira lang ito gamitin o makita. But I'm surprised because when I hired an investigator all clues that they can get pointed at Karina and a man named John.  But clues are not enough that's why I sacrifice myself to become Karina's lover so that I can prove that she's a murderer." Kiana Louise's mouth gaped open. Natutop nito ang bibig at nanginig ang kaniyang katawan.

"P-Pero bakit ikaw pa mismo ang gagawa Aquilo? You can just hire somebody!"

"My love, I can't do anything if I am not involved. Kahit anong bungkal ko sa baho ng nanay mo walang lumalabas, it is as if she has a huge backer."  Mas lalo itong umiyak sa narinig. Hindi ko naman mapigilang yakapin ito ng mahigpit. I'm so sorry for her. Kung pwede ko lang tanggalin lahat ng sakit na nararamdaman niya ginawa ko na.

"A-Aquilo, p-please let me get out of here. Ilayo mo ako Aquilo. I'm scared." I clenched my teeth before nodding. Her pleading voice is enough to hurt me to death. I don't like this.

"Of course my love. I will do anything you want."

Tumayo na ako bago inalalayan si Kiana Louise na halos kapusin na sa pag-iyak. Bago lumabas ng kwarto sinigurado ko muna na walang tao sa hallway. Nang masiguradong okay na hinigit ko na si Kiana palabas ng mansion nila.

I gently seat her in the passenger seat of my car before going to the driver's seat. Nang makapasok ako nakita ko na tulala lang si Kiana sa kawalan kaya ako na ang nagkabit ng seatbelt niya.

"Babe?" I called. She looked at me before smiling. Her eyes are drowsy and her lips keep on quivering.

"I-l'll just take a quick sleep, Aquilo." She weakly said using her hoarse voice. I nodded before reclining her chair. Inayos ko ang higa niya bago kinumutan gamit ang hinubad kong coat kahapon.

After looking at Kiana again I started the engine, but before driving out of the Mansion. I fished my phone out of my pocket and dialed Calliber's number. After a few rings, he finally picked up the phone.

"Damn man it's the middle of the night!" He shriek.

"I need help," sagot ko. Sandaling tumahimik ang kabilang linya bago ito sumagot.

"Papatay ba tayo ng tao?" Tanong nito na ikinatawa ko.

"Soon."

". . .So what do you need?" I looked at the screen of my car to see the time. It's already 4:50 am.